Bored of Club World…

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 110 total)

• Anonymous

DoorsToManual
    Participant

A quick straw poll for the week: I’m going to LA next month and am pretty bored of ‘hit or miss’ service on British Airways, so I’m going to spend my money elsewhere.
    Business class to LA on SWISS, Lufthansa or Air France? Who gets your vote and why? Thank you.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

your departure point?

Potakas
    Participant

Why no-one considers Iberia for this kind of trips?

Is the Iberia Experience so bad? It’s the price? Also, Iberia has launched new Business and Business+ product.

Potakas

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

Iberia?? Have you ever travelled with them long haul, with their friendly staff? I would imagine not. Besides, they do not fly to LAX. They have very limited US routes, just MIA, JFK , ORD, BOS and IAD.

Grandholmrobbo
    Participant

I personally didn’t like Air France business class. It wasn’t bad, it was just tired and unremarkable.
    My favourite part of business class is the seat and I do like the BA seat. I didn’t have any IFE on my last CW flight, but I didn’t really care, I managed to rest, read and sleep, and listened to my ipod most of the way.

Potakas
    Participant

No i haven’t , i just wanted to know if they are actually so bad, because no-one is even thinking about traveling with iberia.

+ they are more expensive than their competitors.

DoorsToManual
    Participant

My departure point is LHR.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hi – from Heathrow to LA – British Airways or Virgin direct or any of the US carriers into a hub and out. I cant see the value in going 2 hours back to go 10 hours forward, for a day flight. For a night flight thats different, well, in my humble opinion. In addition BA is mostly “hit” for me and Virgin “miss” – however, that is only my experience, i am sure that will all change next year when Virgin bring out their new procduct.

Interested to hear what you eventually decide and also WHY as well as , was the additional time spent travelling instead of LA shopping/working – worthwhile???

Johnhighlander
    Participant

No one has mentioned Virgin?

DoorsToManual
    Participant

Martyn

Obviously I am well aware of who flies direct from LHR-LAX, I have the luxury to be able to use 2 hours to be able to sample other products on offer. I’m glad that you (like VintageKrug) have mostly ‘hits’ with BA, I travel in FIRST and Club World 4 sectors/month and I need to see what else is out there. I ask my original question as an aid to know which airline the discerning readers of this site prefer and why.

jpmarcel
    Participant

I would say :
    If you wanna go non-stop go Virgin.
    If you wanna go with a short hop in Europe, go Swiss (but please avoid Air France)
    If you wanna go with a stop in the US, go US Airways, I have had the chance to try their new Envoy flat bed seat (and I understand this is very important to you) which I find extremely comfortable, sufficiently private without being claustrophobic, with an overall not to cramped cabin. Their soft product is just OK, but you also get quite a good pricing most of the time. I’d give it a try if I were you.

have a good trip and let us know about your choice and experience.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I was just curious thats all. If you take Swiss, via Zurich, that will add:

2 sectors @ 1.45 each
    minimum 1 hour connection time Zurich
    Minimum 90 minutes connection time Heathrow

Thats an extra 6 hours (not 2 hours) just to sample a product of “equal” or inferior standard.

I know you have an extra 2 hours, but am trying to understand why a discerning traveller would add 6 hours and 2 sectors to a flight that can be done in 10 hours and 1 sector.

Its just an interesting option thats all

Look forward to hearing from you

MarcusUK
    Participant

How about Air New Zealand?

Non Stop, excellent service, gourmet foods & wines, & a terrific overall travel standard.
    Otherwise, Swiss have an excellent standard on board, but it depends on which cabin style you look for on which aircraft.

DoorsToManual
    Participant

Martyn,

All I want is to try different airlines. I have 900,000 BA miles and use the airline all the time. I just want to try something different and see if there are airlines out there doing it better than BA.
    MarcusUK, Air New Zealand is a great idea, is the onboard product good? They have the Virgin seats I see but I won’t hold that against them!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 110 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls