Bare Feet on Board

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)

• barnacles
    Participant

@TiredOld Hack – you are certainly not the only one . . . I seem to spend my life wiping floors and basins in premium cabins at 35,000 feet. What staggers me is the general insouciance and lack of civility of my fellow-travellers; if they were out at dinner at a friend’s house would they spray the bathroom with their urine like so many wild animals marking their territory?
    All part of the genral decline in standards (too few natural fibres etc, as per a previous post) in the premium cabins . . .

PatJordan
    Participant

Very well said, barnacles.

Pat

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Barnacles – You are so very funny but so true!!!

Fortunately I travel long-haul mostly with CX and SQ where the passengers have slightly better bathroom manners AND the cabin crew also spending more efforts in cleaning the areas than their counterparts on western airlines.

Like you I have on numerous occasions cleaning the mess left behind by the previous “visitors” but I leave the place in an immaculate condition for the next “lucky” user!

So much so that even the Barefoot Contessa would feel at ease with it!

stevescoots
    Participant

Me too, I hate the idea of coming out of the washroom leaving a mess someone else had made, then the next person in thinking it was me

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m sure VK would agree with the actions of the crew on this flight?

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/entertainment&id=8340352

Seems this rapper was wearing his trousers too low. Bare feet or bare bum, which is the more preferable?

Extranuts
    Participant

Coming at this bait late but I have 2 solutions….first is I always take 2 pairs of hotel slippers when I fly home long haul. First pair is put in the bin at the end of the flight and the 2nd is used on the way out next tiime. My other solution is a little bit more extreme and involves changing out of my ‘first’ pajama bottoms whe in my windo seat of the upper deck. Saves trying to change in the tiny loo and am happy to report that with the screen up there have been no embarrassing episodes this far…..

MartynSinclair
    Participant

LP – the secret is to wear ladies underwear and then you can fly

http://www.mediaite.com/online/this-happened-man-flies-u-s-airways-dressed-in-womens-undergarments/

I think this is rather sexist myself!

stevescoots
    Participant

Billie joe is no rapper 🙂

but no doubt he was kicked off for mouthing back at the trolly dolly

LuganoPirate
    Participant

You spoiled my breakfast with that photo Martyn 😉

I’ve seen women with trousers cut so low nothing is left to the imagination or with so much cleavage on display the imagination runs riot!

Or ladies with ultra short tight skirts sitting in their seats and yet we hear nothing about them being denied boarding or getting thrown off planes! Double standards perhaps?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Last night in the Virgin lounge at JNB, they served Onion Bhaji’s, Lamb Kofta, and Lamb Curry. All very spicy! Glad I was not on the VS flight to London!!!

markmark
    Participant

thenk you
    good posts
    you nice posts

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls