Bare Feet on Board

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)

• CallMeIshmael
    Participant

Not being callous, was initially caught flat footed, am now instep but arching a little, I think you’ve nailed it TOH

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Martyn:

“Suggest you wear your eye shades VK and just ignore looking at any bare feet.”

A master piece and you are fun!

A barefoot contessa on board can be rather alluring!

Happy Feet!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hey FlyingChinaman, if she happened to sit next to me, I may just offer to remove her shoes, it would be rude not to offer!

robsmith100
    Participant

I don’t have an issue with the open exposure of feet as long as they are clean, free of odour and not infected in anyway. However I agree footwear should be worn when moving around the cabin.

One word of caution chaps, be sure to lock your workstation or close down this topic, if you leave it unattended, only I was clumsy enough to leave it open and my girl friend now suspects I may have a foot fetish… πŸ˜‰

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Martyn, Not only should you remove her shoes, gentle rubbing of her feet with the body lotion from the flight amenity bag will help to ease the stress and the tension away for your neighbour. Watching the effect on the receiptant is the best form of in-flight-entertainment you can get!

Robsmith100: Your girlfriend would definately think you have a foot fetish If you were to download the novel “The Three Inch Golden Lotus” on your screen!

PerthWA
    Participant

Glad to see all you F & J fliers are acknowledging the revolting state of the bathrooms in these cabins which I have to say are usually more disgusting than anything in economy!
    It makes me wonder precisely what you all do at home… socks or not.

RichHI1
    Participant

I also find it strange that BA suffers from this more than some other airlines. I fly a number of One world carriers and on balance BA in F is worse than AA, QF, JL and CX. As an off topic sideline,
    Schiphol addressed this problem by painting imitation flies in their urinals and as a result aim accuracy and it”s associated issues improved dramatically.
    On main post – now there is the e-petition system (when it is not overloaded and non functional) in the UK maybe those who feel that the wearing of airline socks or some form of foot covering should be mandatory could set up an e-petition so that UK MP’s can focus their attention on the matters of true concern to the British and Northern Irish citizens.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

RichHI1: It is not possible to re-enforce toilet manners for the passengers. Cathay crew clean the toilets very very frequently and thoroughly, in all classes!!!! They never get real dirty through accumulation.

Unfortunately you can’t paint the “BULL”S EYE feature” in the sanitary bowls in the aircrafts as there are no stand-ups!!!!

RichHI1
    Participant

I think your point is valid on cleaning. I have seen AA flight attendants do “running repairs” to the F toilets but as the toilets are behind the cabin on 747 I do not knwo what the BA procedures are. Cetainly CX and JAL are always spotless unless a passenger is seriously unwell when they close the toilet.
    As a secondary thought, would it make sense on the New Gerneations of Heavy aircraft to provide urinals or a dual purpose facility in on board toilets?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Rich, do you have a design in mind that would be leak/splash free, especially in choppy flight?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Martyn, there is a simple solution. Sit on the pot! Problem solved πŸ˜‰

RichHI1
    Participant

I must admit to having my tongue slightly in my cheek here, however, having seen over the years what the Japanese can achieve in the field of toilet design, I would not believe it is beyond them.
    Remember to many who have not flown on 744 or SK DC9 series, the idea of a window in an aircraft toilet could be far fetched.
    There is however an old truism “If you make something idiot proof they will just come up with a better quality idiot.”
    Happy trails

RichHI1
    Participant

LP we are miles from bare feet so I wish to draw a line here but I believe there is reluctance to do as you suggest from both sexes due to the standard of cleanliness of said toilets, seats and bowls.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Certainly in F the cabin crew do check after the toilet has been used.

RichHI1
    Participant

Good to know, so I guess it is just down to some of the Pax.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls