Bare Feet on Board

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

A poster made reference to someone with bare feet on an Upper Class flight recently; I have seen this quite frequently on BA F and J, and I think it’s a horrid thing.

Why inflict your disgusting feet on other passengers while you stretch out and slumber?

Not as bad as the person I saw trimming their toenails into a bin near the champagne bar in the First lounge.

There is also a matter of hygiene; aircraft loos are not the most sanitary of places, and that’s why we have disposable airline socks and slippers in F; they should be used.

Is this habit of sleeping without socks prevalent?

stevescoots
    Participant

Dear god no! I agree, along with people who change into sleep wear in the cabin

Binman62
    Participant

I am probably one of those who have bare feet especially when sleeping. Most aircraft, and BA in particular, have overly heated cabins and I find not wearing socks helps.
    So long as feet do not smell I see no issue here, if you have paid £5000 for a seat I feel you have a right to feel at home and relax.
    Would not go for the changing in the cabin a sight I have been spared…..though it would depend on how good looking she was,,!

stevescoots
    Participant

Bin man, I was on a LH flight were a rather attractive woman stripped to her Bra to sleep, and another sleazyjet where 2 girls were making out with each right next to me. I both cases i wasnt complianing!

VintageKrug
    Participant

@ stevescoots

“I don’t believe it!” 😉

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I also do not like sleeping with socks on, but tend to keep my feet under the duvet. Then again I have to confess I have never really looked at peoples feet when they sleep as I don’t have a “thing” for feet!

When using the bathroom I always put the slippers on as I don’t altogether trust the bathrooms.

I’ve only ever seen men put on the pyjama top in the cabin. I just look away, but as the bathrooms are usually so small I can understand why they do it.

stevescoots
    Participant

VK, its true. LH was a flight to HKG, she pulled off her pullover grabbed the blanket and hid underneath. sleazy was from istanbul to Stn, funny thing was I had the window, they were beside me and I was pretending to sleep..pretending..anyway i got elbowed, pretended to wake up and they apologised and kindly offered me some of thier bag of sweets 🙂

I felt like a naughty school kid..in a good way 🙂

NTarrant
    Participant

Did you take the offer of the sweets?

RichHI1
    Participant

Pleaase do not send me threats as I can see I will be unpopular here! In Hawaii we live in “Slippahs” or flip flops as the UK calls them. So when you fly it is no big thing to slip them off.
    Good news for forum members who despise feet is that when I cross the pond or fly other places longhaul I wear my Compression Socks.
    I do agree that cutting toenails in public is disgusting and that changing clothing in public in the cabin is inappropriate. Though I have seen others manage it under the duvet without compromising anything.
    Final thought, are posters equally revolted by women not wearing socks on planes?

stevescoots
    Participant

yes I did :), and I went red faced at the same time!

stevescoots
    Participant

I once had a compliant made against me on an internal Jet airways flight in India. the legroom was so small I had to put my feet well under the seat in front,with socks on. The woman in front stuck her bare feet under the seat. she then complianed that I was touching her feet!

She got moved..

Baris2011
    Participant

I fly First all the time and never wear socks but my feet are perfect, clean and will be covered by the duvet. So….

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Shared an UC cabin with the same UK TV personality and wife on 3 occassions. Each time she takes her bra off before t/o and wears a rather thin top. Only the other pax wife’s complain as their hubbies attention seem to have been diverted. I thought it would be rude to complain though.

The thought of going bare foot into an aircraft toilet is positively revolting.

I will change from sleep suit to clothes on the upper deck at the back. Couldnt really care if the cabin crew are there are not, but I do check with them first. Wouldnt change in view of other passengers. Again, the thought of clean clothes, especially trousers, draping onto the floor of an uncleaned toilet floor after an 10 hour flight…………..yuk!!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

In the F cabin on the Swiss A340, starboard side, is a large curtain that can be pulled across leaving a large area for you to change in. They will happily let you do this on request. Do make sure the rest of the crew know though, as once an FA pulled it open to put something away. Fortunately i was almost dressed and just tucking my shirt in!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls