Bare Feet on Board

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)

• Communipaw
    Participant

Senator, on business trips if I am not going directly to a meeting, I will wear suitable jeans and shirt, and slip on shoes to make going through security easier. Functional and presentable, yet comfortable.

travelgirl
    Participant

Back in the day my job involved taking groups of models overseas for photo shoots for brochures and catalogues. They would arrive looking like bundles of dirty laundry, check-in to club, they would then proceed to give themselves facials, do manicures, pluck eyebrows, hair in rollers etc. whilst practicing yoga and Pilates. Prior to arrival the new face would be put on, hair brushed out and they would change clothes – the transformation was astonishing to watch – they looked like completely different people on arrival.
    BTW – I do not mind to see a properly manicured foot during a flight but some people are sorely lacking in looking after their feet, also would never risk using the toilets in socks or naked feet.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

@LagunoPirate – coming back from Singapore recently, Club World BA, at check-in my wife was delicately asked if she could replace her sandals with ‘court shoes’.

I’m usually the scruffy one, so I’ve got a lot of mileage out of this.

As regards aircraft khazis – am I the only person who actually cleans up other people’s mess? I hope not.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

@VintageKrug – asparagus and flatulence? No way. But I’m one of those people whose pee stinks of asparagus after I’ve eaten it. Sorry for the weak-stomached: my wife, who’s a genetic and cancer scientist, says it’s something to do with a certain enzyme. Some have it and some don’t.

RichHI1
    Participant

TiredOldHack, I have thought of including a pair of Surgical gloves in my carry on as I too put tons of paper on the floor of the loo and try to get it into bowl without touching it. I do not know why the First loos on BA always seem worse than on AA. I think the AA flight crew do minor clean ups as they go.
    The JET Air air freshner spray is a boon (on domestic they often ut coffee bag in loo to courflage odors. I wish AA would put a flower in the loo like BA does, it is a nice touch.
    Never understood why 777’s seem more prone to Toilet smells I guess it is the air vents in row 1 and lack of courtesy flushes and Californians like beans with their enchiladas.
    Back to subject of forum – Travelgirl sounds idyllic, the opposite of my procedure. I invariably board looking a bit weary and a bit crumpled and after an overnight flight and a fight with the toothbrish and the razor I get off looking even more crumpled and more like death warmed up.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Yes I was referring to similar affliction, Tired Old Hack; I had rather hoped it wouldn’e be necessary to articulate it in such explicit terms.

Thank you for unburdening me of that responsibility 😉

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Tired old hack

I think I would have gently reminded the check in agent who is the customer.

I’ve travelled in sandals in C class hundreds of times, that is simply ridiculous.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Well, it was a complimentary upgrade, actually, so it seemed churlish to protest 🙂

TiredOldHack
    Participant

@VintageKrug: in my so-called profession, clarity is essential….

RichHI1
    Participant

Methyl mercaptan, to clarify

TiredOldHack
    Participant

FX: Googles

Well, I’m damned. Thanks. My life has been enhanced, just a little, by the info….

Stephen787
    Participant

As long as the feet in question are clean and do not smell then I don’t have a problem with it. I had to remove my own socks on a long haul flight last week on Turkish as the air was so warm. Either leave the socks on and have my feet sweat or remove them and have comfort.

VintageKrug
    Participant

While cleanliness may have some bearing on the matter, even the most fragrant and well proportioned tootsies should not make an appearance on board.

Period.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

OK, then what other parts of flesh should be covered or left uncovered. Please can we have a

APPROVED CABIN FLESH LIST

obviosuly hands

**arms

**legs when wearing skirts or shorts

**should female legs be covered below the knee for modesty purposes – how do the middle east airlines cope with mini skirts and bra less ladies

**perhaps burquas she be demanded on all flights

I dont think anyone has the right to demand what fellow pax cover or leave uncovered, it is up to the airline to publish the etiquette/dress code. However, I would like to see what happens if this passenger tired to board in Saudi!!

http://www.mediaite.com/online/this-happened-man-flies-u-s-airways-dressed-in-womens-undergarments/

Suggest you wear your eye shades VK and just ignore looking at any bare feet.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

I’m with VintageKrug on this one. At the risk of being called a heel, I suggest that everyone should toe the line, if they have the balls, and there should not be one sole exception.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls