BA STRIKE: 18-22, 24-28 May, 30 May-3 June & 5-9 June

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 151 through 154 (of 154 total)

• NTarrant
    Participant

It also means that on the non-days they also inflict problems because crew and aircraft may not be in the right places. Therefore as VK says Unite don’t have to pay strike pay and those crew that have been on strike may end up being paid to sit on their hands.

MorleyJS
    Participant

Vintage Krug – I completely agree with you.

It is about time Unite learnt the real world of business. The simple fact is that if BA doesn’t reform and restructure … there won’t be a BA.

If Unite want to complain, they should see the previous BA leadership that avoided taking difficult decisions over many years.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

one other question that has remained unanswered – is their any thruth in the fact that BA have had to fly empty aircraft to Asia for positioning and even though their have been pax, they could not board due to a lack of cabin crew.

Striking seems to be big business. I met one of Unites’ legal team last night at a social – boy are they reaping the harvest in, you coul dbuy an exeuctive jet for the coast of the combined legal fees!!!

David
    Participant

I flew BA Club World from Houston to Heathrow (777 service) on Monday (24th). Although this was the first day of the strike, as the aircraft was returning to the UK the service was all full-time cabin crew.

What I don’t understand is that the meal services were greatly reduced – ie. small economy class wine bottles; no menus; a simple choice of “chicken, beef or pasta” for dinner and a breakfast consisting of bread and youghart.

Also, while the product (seating) was the New Club World, the entertainment selection was the old school type where some 12 programmes play at the same time, resetting only when the longest programme is finished.

Can anyone shed any light on why food service would have been reduced on a flight originating in the US, supported by full-time cabin crew, on the first day of the strike?

Many thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 151 through 154 (of 154 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls