BA new First Class Review

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 217 total)

• CrazyCanuck
    Participant

Vintage Krug/Martyn Sinclair,

We all know that binabdulaziz does not speak English as his first language and is neither Christian or Jewish. However neither of these points dey him the privilege to make a point (even if the audience does not always agree with him).

Stop brining Allah into KYC requirements. There’s enough muslim bashing in the world, lets not bring that or anti semitism or anti christian feelings here.

Guys, grow up.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Ha ha CrazyCanuck

I would dissagree with everything you say. I imagine from his English that Binabulaziz is being quite creative in his use of English, espcially in the words he uses in other threads.

And Yes Allah should be bought in KYC – for reasons we all know.

Have a great day and please remember this should remain a politicially neutral site

CrazyCanuck
    Participant

Hi Martyn,

You can have a merry debate with binabdulaziz for as long as you want.

But please enlighten me as to what you mean by “And Yes Allah should be bought in KYC – for reasons we all know.” I am confused and im sure some other people might be too.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

thats easy CrazyCanuck – becasue all this crazy security and fear we all have at airports has been casued by the extremists who bring down aeroplanes and “in the name of Allah” – I believe flight recorders have shown those to be the last words of the 9/11 perps and witnesses heard those words from the 7/7 bombers. Therefore if this is what Allah casues, then we all have the right to understand who he is as why this is casuing the travelling public one mighty mess at airoports since.

Before you get on your high horse and play the racist card, I have mentioned no race, people, colour or creed. Merely a word that is synonymous with the Terrorism “in the name of Allah”.

Its a pity becasue when I was growing up, that word meant G-d, a very holy word that i would respect becasue at the end of the day all those neutral prayer houses in airports – all pray to the same G-d.

I hope that this answers your question and confusion in a very neutral way.

David
    Participant

Good morning all.

I’m booked in FIRST on the Bahrain flight next week (747 service) – does anyone know if it will be fitted with the new product?

Many thanks.

VintageKrug
    Participant

If you really want to know, call YouFirst.

There is one 747 and one 777 currently fitted out, so it’s still pretty unlikely.

I would suggest that it would be better to simply expect the old seat and be pleasantly surprised if it’s the new one. Apart from needing to take your Empower adapter, I cannot see what is to be gained by knowing in advance, except for possible disappointment if it’s the old cabin.

And of course even if they tell you it is routed on that sector, the aircraft used could change last minute for operational reasons.

David
    Participant

Thanks VK – yes, I was pretty sure that the chances would be slim, particularly on a route such as BAH.

As you say, there’s no real value in knowing either way whether the new product is fitted other than (as this forum’s hundreds of posts on the subject can attest to) it is a real curiosity factor!

HBHLondon
    Participant

MartynSinclair: we all know what you mean and you should stop this. This is a forum about travel and not about abusing Muslims. Shame on you. Moreover, only a small group carry out these crazy acts in the name of God and Muslims are not responsible for all acts of terrorism currently and throughout history (remember Tamil Tigers, Northern Ireland, guerrilla groups in South America, terrorism leading to the creation of the State of Israel and current Israel’s state terrorism, American and British invasion of Irak, etc, etc.). May we stick to travel issues here please?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

HBHThe comment was not against Muslims – read my post, it was not against any race – it was obvioulsy your guilty feelings and thoughts. If you know what I mean – you didnt disagree which is interesting.

I happen to dissagree with your intereprertation of Israeli “state terrorism”.
    At least Israeli’s dont strap bombs to themselves and then pull the trigger and shout G-d is great, killng inoccent people.

The shame is HBH that people use terrorism to stop innocent people from travelling. 95% of terrorists seem to want to should “G-D is great” and this is said in an Arabic language. I stand by what i suggested – Allah needs to be KYC’d to see exactly who he is becasue to 95% of world G-d is looked upon in a totally different light, esepcially where murder is concered.

HBHLondon
    Participant

Fair enough. Yet only muslims use the term ‘Allah’ to refer to God. As for Israel, maybe they do not strap bombs to themselves, but the indiscriminate bombardment of civilian areas in Gaza and the killing of thousands of innocent people over the years is deplorable. Different ways of killing people and carrying out acts of terrorism? Of course deplorable what the other side does as well.

Let’s put things into perspective, we have had very tight security and uncomfortable passage through airports for a very long time which had nothing to do with the current trend of some crazy people to kill large groups of people in the name of religion.

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Gentlemen,

this is a forum about business travel not the conflict in the Middle East, Iraq, Afghanistan or anywhere else for that matter so can you please take this discusion to other forums where it will be welcome.

HBHLondon, I would take issue with a lot of what you said in your last post but I cannot as I need to practice what I preach and not use this forum for political debate.

bacrew1
    Participant

VintageKrug we now have 3 777’s with the new First Class.
    Registrations are : G-VIIU, G-VIIV, G-VIIW (the 747 is G-CIVF)

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Hi Jonno – trust all is well with you. You are right about these forums not being for political or religious purpose, hence why I was not including any religion.

The plain fact is that the security at airports is down to one thing and one thing only – people shouting out “Allah is great” and then killing themselves along with many other people. People who object to this statement are generally those that support it, becuase its only natural to defend what you support.

So who is this man Allah – he cant be a G-d becasue G-d’s dont show wrath to incoenent children. This discussion was started by someone wondering why BA cancelled flying out of Saudi. Well just perhaps the cause was that BA take issue about this guy called Allah – hence KYC him. If Allah truly is the great man upstairs, like moshiach, he would bring peace and harmony to the world and not HOMOCIDE BOMBERS (never understood why they were called “suicide bombers”). Your absolutely right Jonno, this is not the place for political statements but my statement is directly realted to airport security and the casue in 2010 for a heightened level of security, which is one reason why BA and others have changed routes. Nothing in this post mentions a religion or people – its merely a neutral statement with questions about this great man called Allah and why his name seems to be synonymous with the casue of heightened airport security.

When was the last time someone went “for the love of Jesus” – BANG!!! This was not out to offend, but merely state facts about why airlines change routes and why we have such a high level of airport security worldwide!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Thanks for the update bacrew1.

So that’s 4 aircraft out of about 65 active longhaul fleet which are fitted with First (the others would be 3 class, without an F cabin).

About 5%-10% probability of you getting the new cabin then.

RogerVictor
    Participant

I am sure that most people posting on here are professionals in life. If you travel for leisure or business then I hope we all act with a sense of decorum and class as befits people that live in the 21st century. There are a lot of bad things out there but some very good things as well. This website, in general, is good. It is let down by postings that lack class and appropriateness.
    This link is about the BA new FIRST. I am intrigued to hear about other peoples experience in that cabin. How has the service been affected by the strike and the reduced catering service on some flights?

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 217 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls