BA new First Class Review

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 217 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Mr Simple DXB – be serious, how on earth can Etihad be a real contender, when every flight from London, goes bumpity bump into Dubai and as regualr as London Underground, its “all change”, just as you reach the land of nod after your calorie filled silver service dinng experience. Dont tell me you go for a cheaper First class option with a stop in Dubai …. fly direct …. in super Club World and you will avoid the wake up call mid way through your long haul flight.

Please Mr SimpleDXB, you will need to do better than that – send your donation to the Heart Foundation and admit defeat !!

binabdulaziz
    Participant

SimpleDXB

There are some on here who seem to accept only their own beliefs.

British Airways seat is good, but Etihad better.

Inquisitive
    Participant

If one is choosing a carrier for a better slip only, SQ and Cathy London routes business class seats are far better than BA or Etihad. Even in the food and entertainment department, these two carriers beat others due varities, higher quality and serivice. Millions of voters at Skytrax can not be wrong.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Whatever you may think about various carriers’ Business Classes, this thread is about First Class.

http://www.ba.com/first

binabdulaziz
    Participant

Who are you to tell others what to write? huh?

NTarrant
    Participant

Yes this thread is about BA New First Class not who has the best Business Class, start a new thread so more people can join the discussion

SimpleDXB
    Participant

Martyn, Etihad have never landed in Dubai. I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. You have proved yourself you be a bit of a twit with that last post.

Wildgoose
    Participant

SimpleDXB…allow me to extend a warm, unofficial welcome to you on behalf of those of us who don’t pay much attention to those posters who see fit to act as propagandists for various airlines.
    Just be careful though, BT’s Editorial seems to be in cahoots with these propagandists and one word from the former to the latter might result in you being censored. Otherwise, keep up the good work and, as Public Enemy once rapped, Don’t Believe Da Hype…boyeeee.

Henryp1
    Participant

I am impressed with the pictures and look forward to the new BA 1st cabin ASAP. I am pleased that they didnt go all blingy, and the BA style will please some and not others, thats why we have a choice, and maintain our loyalty to a particular airline.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Wow – guys, calm down, this is an open blog, so Mr.Wildgoose dont patronize people by beleiving you have a right to welcome people on a selective basis. If we all had the same views there would nt be a need for this blog. Whilst I am not party to propogandists, even if the airlines and BT contributed to these sites it would be advantageous. The subject arrived at Business Class after it was suggested that BA First, whilst luxurious, was in 2010 not necerssary because of the increased conforts of business class. If you guys want to fly around the world at your shareholders expense, sepnding £7k ++ for a ticket, let me know if you are still in business. I know for fact that around 50% of first class seats are used by staff, upgraders and free loaders. If BT want to contact me, to verify, they have my details as they have all our details when we signed in.

In the discussion re club world, I stand by all my points. Ethiad do have a good product, but when on business, i prefer to save time and fly direct, not through Abu Dhabi (apologies on that) or Dubai. Therefore the club world seat is far more comfy direct.

I belong to 20 or so ftravel related forums/blogs and we have raised money for charity in our light hearted banter – and silly ideas. Some of you on here, think you are running board rooms. Please guys, this is a light hearted room for travel related issued related to threads posted. Dont think every post has dubious or political reasons for posting.

Welcome to you all of us and at least lets be civil.

So Mr. Wildgoose, ……………..check out Etihads route map………i think you will find Dubai on the map.

Now go and have an enjoyable weekend and if you support soccer, i hope your football team wins.

craigwatson
    Participant

dxb is on route map only because lon-dxb is reached by a bus ( which comes as part of your ticket) from auh-dxb

Wildgoose
    Participant

Martyn, I never actually raised a point relating to Etihad and Dubai; you’re obviously mixing me up with another poster in your haste to condemn.
    My message to Simple was part ironic and part supportive; obviously, you missed the irony and I’m pretty sure you’re not that sharp at picking up other things either, judging by your response and those that you elicit from other posters (i.e.Craigwatson’s).
    On the positive side, I happen to agree with you about this not being a “board room” and that, in this day and age, First Class is gradually becoming redundant (Gulf Air, according to BT, are pretty much abandoning First Class and VS haven’t even had an F cabin ever since they began).

Hess963
    Participant

Hi everyone !!

So GF is taking the F class cabin out and try to implement a premium class between Business Class and First Class. I have got the feeling they are finally seeing the reality that EY and WY have outbid them. I tried WY’s Business Class and was really surprised to experience a full flat seat which GF and OZ( in some F cabins depending on aircraft type) only offer in there F class cabins. It was great and really felt exclusive( cabin was only 20 % full on that flight). Food was okay and really felt Business class worthy. And with the price paid–it was definitely a good choice. WY has to implement more destinations
    (business oriented cities) to get some attentions from premium pax.

So going back to the main topic here—BA’s new product—-well, sincerly–as I have stated before, it is really down-to-earth and demure. This does not mean a bad product or an inferior one. I strictly believe everyone has to try it personally and finds out on his own, if it is the money worth paid for or not. It is definitely far behind comparing to such product innovations like EK, EY, CX, JL, 9W etc.. But to be modest and objective here—those seats have proved or still have to prove their paying premium pax, if they are really that good or not. This goes to the new BA F product. I personally was disappointed as I have expected a new product and definitely a groundbreaking design/innovations like Club World in those past days. But we all now that BA has some current problems where it was probably wise to take the chances of some slight enhancements for the sake of saving money( I dearly hope Waterside had saved money for these enhancements instead of a new product !!).

Is F class becoming redundant? I personally think we are not yet there–we still fly and pay the F class fares. More important those premium pax want this F class products. So as long as those pax still exist and long for such products–there will be still a market for F class.

TravelFan
    Participant

Hess – on your last point, I agree with you that first class is not on its way to become extinct. Still a relatively large number of airlines have a long-haul F cabin (30-40 depending on how you count), and I think the current trend to eliminate or reduce F (Gulf, Qantas etc) is partly downturn/crisis related. We may well see a reversed trend when the economy is up again and as previously pointed out it is doubtful whether Qantas’ decision to drastically reduce F seating is wise from a longer-term perspective.

However, I do think the F segment will be very competitive and airlines who wish to attract a paying F crowd must really offer the whole package of benefits, both on the ground and onboard. For example, as someone pointed out in a previous post, I think BA’s current F experience in Heathrow’s T5 must be developed. Whilst the Concorde Room is an excellent lounge, the rest of the experience should be made more personalised and exclusive (security, move to the gate/plane etc).

Thanks everyone for a very interesting forum (but to a few of you: do skip the angry outbursts…!)

Senator
    Participant

While the “air time” is obviously the longest part of a journey, a true First Class experience is more than just a seat and the cabin. I think the key word is experience: from booking to reaching final destination. I can think of special phone numbers for queries, pick up services (also available for business in some market), special check in process, lounges, arrival services. Look at the investments made by many airlines in the overall experience; LH First Class Terminal, BA Concorde Room, QF First Class Lounge in Sydney to mention a few.

The question is; what is First Class worth? Let’s take an example; ARN-JFK on LX via ZRH. Cheapest fare in Y-cabin is around €550. In the C-cabin it is around €1600, and F-cabin it is €4800. Would I pay 3x for business class? Yes, certainly would and I do for business and holidays. Would I pay another 3x for First? Not on my current pay scale. Personally, I love to travel First, but I don’t have the funds to pay for it.

Will First disappear all in all? No way! There is a market with a mix of passengers; wealthy individuals, senior executives, and celebrities. There is a segment looking for the differentiated experience; from booking to arrival..

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 217 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls