BA new First Class Review

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 217 total)

• BAGoldcard
    Participant

Disappointing to read of your experience; sadly I have had the same experiences. I sat down on my way back from YYZ and a dessert spoon was stuck down the F seat – not a comfortable start to my trip…..!

I have not yet flown on NF and look forward to doing so next year, if it is available on my flights. Poor food and inadequate service should not occur.

Please write to BA and inform them of your experiences and disappointment.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

DeepakThakkar: Spot on with your report! I always travelon CX and SQ for their supreme FC services – “service from the heart”

Don’t expect this from BA or most of the European airlines!!!

International frequent travellers are extremly savvy these days and they seek out the best products and services for their money with no national boundries.

This old concept with “Fly the Flag” is no longer relevant and even my British partner is not keen on BA any more. I know many on this forum still do!

Henryp1
    Participant

DeepakThakkar, sorry to learn this, but did you ask?, yes it should be offered, but no problem to request.

joeadvisory
    Participant

my flight last week to miami was in new 1st. definitely an improvement but still lacking in comparison to 1st in qantas A380 which is much better product. for one privacy remains non existent even in 1A (esp with the ridiculous storage unit still in the front) . also no space to store small things u may need during the flight and washrooms still dirty and old. crucially if i was flying to OZ would i fly new BA 1st or Qantas A380 – definitely Qantas.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Henryp1:

It is very awkward and undignified to “beg for food” to say the least.

“May I have the desert and the truffles please” After all it is FIRST CLASS cabin service!!!!!

Henryp1
    Participant

Bed making

ExecPlatAA
    Participant

CSD never came around to check, thanks on departure, etc. No, I did not ask for my bed to be made up – again, its not about asking, it is about a First Class experience – it was just lacking, at least on this flight. AA is no flag bearer on service standards, but on my flight from Paris to Chicago today, the Purser was cheerful, she came around to thank us all on departure and wished Happy Holidays. I drifted off to sleep while reading and the attendant placed a duvet on me – now this is not by any means a standard experience with AA, but when standards drop this dramatically on BA, it is noticeable.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Henry: You question was not clear and I read about no dessert and chocolate was on offer hence the misunderstand. For for that.

DeepakThakkar: I totally agreed to your comment about expecting a FC experience when travelling in that cabin. The senior CC from the best airlines all understand this concept of offering their FC passengers attentive services without being obstrusive!

Alasdair
    Participant

That is right Deepak, when BA made cuts to crew numbers, the CC manager now works in the service in Club World. During a recent conversation, according to their role, I found it is no longer a duty of theirs to welcome and personalise the flights experience for Premium passengers. An example of how BA is cheapening their product.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Alasdair: If what you have said is the case, BA is not only cheapening their product, it is in fact devaluing their product as well! Not a smart business move as investing a vast amount in hardware in F without the accompaning “fineness” that is expected by top tier flyers will steer these passengers away to rival airlines, especially on the Asian routes.

FlyingDoc
    Participant

Hi all,
    I have only flown BA 1st twice in the last few months, unfortunately both on the old product: one was a flight to Barbados. The cabin felt old and tired, but to make matters worse the crew were behaving like they were doing us all a favour by serving us, disappeared soon after lunch and we nowhere to be seen until afternoon tea, served with the wrong attitude yet again. I was quite pleased to have arrived at our destination so as not to be treated with a mix of arrogance and sarcasm.
    A few weeks ago I flew BA 1st to SYD, the cabin was still tired, but both crews were very good and made us feel at home. It was the kind of experience you expect from 1st Class. On our return from SYD we flew Qantas, and they were magnificent, even when we ended up on an old 747 instead of the expected A380 – a bit of a disappointment, but the crews more than compensated for this.
    I am still looking forward to experiencing the new BA cabin, but I guess my point is that if the service is poor the whole experience is spoilt anyway.
    Seasons’ greetings to you all !

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

FlyingDoc: This is exactly what I was driven at in my previous postings. A true First Class service MUST be consistent. Like top grade restaurants. While BA FC service can be exceptional some of the times but is more a question of luck as often you would find yourself travelling with FA with a BIG attutide. A “BA Roulette”.

If you want to have top flight services and for your route then you should stick to SQ and CX as they never disappoint. There are also other good ones around. I am not pro any airlines but just knowing what is the best in the sky!

PatJordan
    Participant

Hi FlyingChinaman & Flyingdoc.

You are 100% correct: given the price BA charge for First class, the service should be be consistently excellent. There can be no excuses at that level.

I often wondered if BA customer service read these adverse reviews and contact the disgruntled customer to address their concerns. Has this happened to anybody?

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

I did 4 sectors almost back to back on the same aircraft earlier in the year with 4 different crews – the service varied a huge amount from outstanding one on sector to mediocre on two of them and good on the 4th. The plane itself wasn’t great as the IFE was broken (not that I minded because I just needed to sleep) but what I experienced was a lack of communication between crews, so each new tried to do the safety demo and failed and then had to resort to a manual demo, each made an announcement to say the IFE was starting, only to make an announcement 15 mins later to say it was broken etc the service and experience should be uniform and outstanding buts it’s not. Thankfully more often than nit, I personally find it very good.

And in answer to your question, Ive never been contacted by BA customer service about postings here – unless BT gave therm our contact details they would have no way of doing this

PatJordan
    Participant

Hi Loyal_BA.

Thanks for clarifying the contact issue.

On tripadvisor, I have often seen hotel management respond to individual customers, and provide their contact details should the customer choose to make contact.

Maybe if airline customer service did something similar it might restore confidence in their product.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 217 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls