BA legacy/mixed fleet crew

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)

• Deleted_User
    Participant

Hello BeckyBoop

This is new terrain for me!

xx

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

The CEO of Qatar seems not to know his own mind. If he is issuing official denials about joining oneworld it seems reasonable and rational to believe him however I now question that. He has also stated he would not be introducing the 787 any time soon even though there was one painted in their livery. The next thing is it is going to be introduced in December.

I more wonder what he is playing at, he doesn’t inspire confidence. If you don’t want to confirm a fact don’t say anything but certainly don’t deny it is true.

handbag
    Participant

Legacy Longhaul or Eurofleet do not wear hats (except for Special Flights or Promotional Events)
    Mixed Fleet do.
    That is how you can Immediately know what Fleet the Crew are.

BigDog.
    Participant

DoorsToManual – methinks Papillion53 lacks awareness of Noel Coward and his plays. Your use was correct and apt, only last week I referred to myself as an 80’s breed of rugby player. Papillion53’s comment probably reflects a limited understanding of english usage perhaps preferring Towie to Downton Abbey.

Papillion53
    Participant

BigDog @16:49 – “Wit ought to be a glorious treat like caviar; never spread it about like marmalade.” Methinks!

BigDog.
    Participant

Am becoming more a fan of Lady Grantham’s zingers nowadays, especially ..

Lady Mary: “Sybil is entitled to her opinions.”

Lady Grantham: “No. She isn’t until she is married, then her husband will tell her what her opinions are.”

Pure gold

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ BigDog and DoorsToManual

Assuming that you are British, I have to say shame on the pair of you for your shoulder chips. I am making the assumption that you might possibly live in the UK and possibly have children. In which case, I assume that you would like them to have a functioning country to live in and jobs to go after? In previous years, the Bozell-Gallup “Quality” survey has shown that the UK is almost unique in the negativity it has towards its own products and services. Surprisingly, we shared this “accolade” with Taiwan – but that may have changed.

I have seen the consequences of such “chippiness” at first hand and what it did to the UK-owned car industry when no matter what was done and delivered, trotting out tired, 20-30 year old clichés was always far easier. Following through on your views, I have to assume that you would have no issue with you and yours living in an economic wasteland? And presumably, you won’t be having any objections to your (foreign) competitors denigrating you and your products because you are …British?

BigDog.
    Participant

Sorry to burst your bubble AnthonyDunn, but incorrect on so many levels. My weltanschauung in this arena is more aligned with, one of Gallup’s favourite son’s, Marcus Buckingham’s development approach, looking forward, than your paternal government dependent approach or an empire preservation rearward view.

Polite tip, stick to your day job and give up on the amateur psychology sleuthing 😉

Am off to Dunsfold to catch the An-12 based there for a few days filming.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Big Dog:

An interesting attempt to deflect my criticism in that you fail to recognise that it’s your own perceptions that are retrospective, backward-focused and unforgiving. Rather than recognising the ability of organisations to adapt and improve, you simply damn them for past failings. Perhaps, you really do need some Marcus Buckingham in your life in order to get your head around that. Well, I guess, if the cap fits…

EU_Flyer
    Participant

What happens if they take the hat off?

Just asking.

1nfrequent
    Participant

FWIW, I had mixed fleet crew on my way back from ATL last month and I thought they did a good job. Enthusiastic, helpful and they did a good job with the meal service. Maybe not as polished as the legacy crew I believe I had on the way to LAX, but that doesn’t personally bother me. However I’m not as regular a traveller as others here, so I’m probably not as alert to the same things as others.

1F

Robzlon
    Participant

1nfrequent, I’m glad to hear you had a good flight on your Atlanta last month, found the crew to be enthusiastic, helpful and did a good job. But just to let you know, this route is operated by legacy crew and not Mixed fleet.

Shame that your flight on BA to LAX wasn’t so polished. And just for your information, this is a Mixed fleet crew and not as you thought a legacy crew.

Mixed fleet are still bedding in at BA and as they do so, I’m sure their service standards will improve. I am pleased to hear that as of this month legacy and mixed fleet crew will be attending their emergency training refresher courses together and so will combine and share their flying and safety related experiences. This really is a positive move forward for all fleets.

1nfrequent
    Participant

Huh. Well there you go. Because they were wearing little hats on the way back from ATL, I figured from handbag’s post that they were mixed fleet.

As a clarification though – it seems that it was the legacy crew who weren’t as polished as the mixed crew.

Thanks for clearing that up for me though. Much appreciated. 🙂
    1F

handbag
    Participant

Flights are being switched from one Fleet to another on a fairly regular basis. There are also times when due to operational reasons as a one off, that Fleet operating will change.

You can also find yourself on the odd occassion going out with one Fleet and returning with another, when the above switch over happens.

The hat is an accurate indicator if you are curious as to the Fleet working on that particular flight. Legacy Fleet have not been issued with hats.

Tim2soza
    Participant

My experiences of mixed fleet have been very good. The odd ‘savoir faire’ blip here and there massively and positively offset by exceptional effort and attitude. Very refreshing.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 96 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls