BA legacy/mixed fleet crew

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 96 total)

• Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Becky, I’m amazed at the improvement in your English over the course of this year – but please look up the difference between fowl and foul 😉

SimonS1
    Participant

Indeed Becky, maybe at the same time you could give us the links to support your comments about the UAE government funding terrorism? I’m back there again next week and need to take any precautions needed.

dutchyankee
    Participant

Somehow I have avoided mixed fleet flights up until today. I just arrived (well a few hours ago) in St. Petersburg off of BA 878. Flight was uneventful, bang on schedule, rather full, and the cabin crew I assume were mixed fleet. Why do I say this. 1) The Hats! I actually like the hats, reminds one of the more glamorous days of travel. 2) Average age of the crew was 24. 3) All female crew, all wearing more make up than what would be required for an entire horror film’s cast, including incredibly bright red lipstick, and horrible pink nail polish that was chipping on one young lady). 4) Service was confused. There was a choice of three items for breakfast, and as the FA set up each tray, on top of the cart were ten dishes, which she preceeded to pour the metal ‘plate’ into the plastic holding plate, making the item upsidedown and quite a mess. Once she realised this was wrong, by getting to my row (row 2), she did leave the aluminum dish in the plastic dish. She completely forgot the bread basket. A lady in 1F asked for a glass of champagne, and the answer she received was will sparkling wine be OK, it is a good one, and you wont notice the difference. When asked why she said this route didnt serve champagne. She then arrives with a split of Pommery, not even realising what Pommery is. 5) Landing cards were handed out along with currency declarations, with instructions that if you are carrying more than 3000 dollars you must declare this. The passenger in 1D asked if pounds counted to which she said actually it only applied to local currency. I then interrupted as I didnt want the man in 1D (his wife drinking the Pommery ‘sparkling wine’) to have any problems at customs and advised him that it was only necessary to declare amounts above 10, 000 euro or equivalent. The FA said no, she was told it was 3000, but then she came to me to assist others to fill in their landing cards as she didnt understand the questions. 6) Finally, and I am sorry to write this as I am not what one would call small, but has BA completely thrown out the weight in proportion to height rule? The amount of times I was bumped by two of the FA’s was incredible, and one FA in particular (the bright spark re: the Sparkling Wine, Bread, Visa, Customs) was so tight in her uniform I was worried I would get an imprint of a button that blows off her blouse of blazer.

All in all, the girls were friendly, and the flight did the most important things being getting me to LED on time safely. But the difference between mixed crew and legacy crew, especially on this flight, was very clear, and there was a severe lack of professionalisim with only one exception being the CSM. I do believe however that on a route that has high ticket prices, the least one can expect is that the crew actually are able to explain procedures accurately regarding entry requirements, and that service is professional.

JohnHarper
    Participant

I still think of it as Mixed Up Fleet because that’s how the service is and sadly in many cases it isn’t getting any better.

alexlondon
    Participant

I travelled recently to Paris CDG, returning from Orly. The return from Orly was fantastic. The crew were not going through the motions’ but served the Club cabin with increadible enthusiasm and anxious to give a ‘premium’ service to customers paying premium prices. The difference on the two routes was marked. Amazing that it had such an impact on me for such a short flight. Mixed fleet won hands down – frequent offer of drink top ups, constant smiles etc..

bacrew1
    Participant

eeeesh dutchyankee!
    stories like that do make me cringe!? : s

davey_boy
    Participant

BA are performing an internal investigation of two Mixed Fleet cabin crew who have disgraced the airline further after they filmed erotic footage of themselves in BA uniform and posted it on Youtube.

Please view the below link with extreme caution as some viewers will find it offensive

http://boardingarea.com/pointmetotheplane/2013/10/10/british-airways-ba-flight-attendants-film-strip-video-upload-to-youtube/

My sincere apologies if you did find the above link offensive but just adds to failure of BA to introduce this crew type.

ImissConcorde
    Participant

davey_boy
    Has it been confirmed that they are actually BA employees?

SimonS1
    Participant

Sorry davey_boy but that’s complete nonsense. No mixed fleet people are under investigation. You are talking complete rubbish.

The DM article below names the ‘performers’ in the comments. Well known (apparently) glamour models.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2450741/BA-stewardesses-YouTube-striptease-investigated.html

BigDog.
    Participant

Simon is correct, the clip was posted well over a year ago with the people involved having also posted other naughty clips. Why BA didn’t just dismiss it as a wind-up (imo been a better strategy) as opposed to claiming they are investigating (for over a year?) is puzzling – the variety of comments is amusing though.

canucklad
    Participant

I’ve alreadyswitched back to BA for my next flight…

satchi and Satchi couldn’t have done a better job… : )

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

BigDog. – 13/10/2013 20:14 GMT

Why BA didn’t just dismiss it as a wind-up (imo been a better strategy) as opposed to claiming they are investigating (for over a year?)

canucklad – 14/10/2013 10:18 GMT

I’ve alreadyswitched back to BA for my next flight…

satchi and Satchi couldn’t have done a better job… : )

Perhaps BA were targeting Canucklad’s business? 😉

TCSH11
    Participant

MF are a breed of young, excited ex Burger Kings gold star employee’s who are paid a few quid an hour to look after customers who have paid £1000’s to travel in luxury and quiet in First.
    Their terms and conditions are so much so that the only person who could withstand them is a robot or a child, hence the large turnover of staff on the fleet, as well as a 15% sickness record as opposed to 4% sickness on BA’s original crew fleets.

TCSH11
    Participant

MF do not yet fly to New York….

londonlad
    Participant

Oh dear, what a sad, condescending, rude post.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 96 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls