BA legacy/mixed fleet crew

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 96 total)

• Anonymous

Deleted_User
    Participant

What is the essential difference? Please excuse my ignorance.

BigDog.
    Participant

Past BA or Near Future BA
    Downton Abbey or TOWIE
    Fort Lauderdale or Aiya Nappa
    Waitrose or Aldi
    Saga or 18/30
    Glastonbury or Reading
    Nigella or Ronald McDonald

http://www.unitetheunion.org/news__events/archived_news_releases/2010_archived_press_releases/life-saving_ba_crew_hailed_as.aspx

or

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/aviation/9258301/Attention-seeking-air-steward-22-admits-mid-air-bomb-hoax.html

Best go with SQ or CX if you have the choice.

VintageKrug
    Participant

This should help:

“British Airways appears to have transformed under the mixed fleet crews.

Staff are friendly, smiley. They give the impression of wanting to help you. They give the impression that they are happy to be on board, and that they actually like each other.

They are as far away from the dour crew of old as Rick Perry was from knowing his government agencies. They are great. So because they’re great, we’ve got the lowdown on them. Here’s your mixed fleet 101……”

http://www.jaunted.com/story/2012/1/27/15417/5376/travel/What+You+Need+To+Know+About+British+Airways’+New+Mixed+Fleet

BA’s legacy fleet is certainly good at what they do, but Mixed Fleet is injecting enthusiasm into the mix, and the several Mixed Fleet flights I have taken have stood out as a positive experience, and the advent of performance management (which, believe it or not, the Union refused to permit on legacy fleets) will ensure Mixed Fleet maintains a positive, customer focussed outlook, and ensures the further diminution in the power of the dysfunctional cabin crew union branch at BA.

DoorsToManual
    Participant

simonhb

Forget the PR drivel from Vintage…BigDog has hit the nail on the head.
    When travelling with Mixed fleet, I’ve been: Led to the wrong seat, 1E instead of 1K. Called ‘darling’. Watched as an iPad was used to show the crew member how to lay a table, in front of the passenger. And asked if I knew who got knocked out of the X Factor? They’re a different breed, mostly from low cost carriers, so the excitement of working for BA is what makes them smile. The average age of the 3 crew working in First on a recent trip was 22 (yes, I did ask). On short haul it’s not as bad as there is less interaction with them. I heard a great story of crew members taking pictures of famous people/celebrities whilst they slept. Whoever decided to put over excited 20 somethings on the LA route needs their head testing!

Hippocampus
    Participant

After an initial period of growth at breakneck speed, Mixed Fleet crews are bedding in and delivering excellent service levels, just as the majority of EuroFleet and Worldwide crews do. There have been teething problems, just as there was with Gatwick Single Fleet a few years ago.

Particular praise should be given for their dignified silence in the face of a vicious and deeply sinister smear campaign of lies and half- truths spread by a minority of crew, particularly militant cabin crew on Worldwide.

For evidence of the lies and the smear campaign see some of the posts above.

Deleted_User
    Participant

I have a funny feeling that on my flight from JFK to LHR in F on Monday evening I had a mixed fleet crew.

Thanks for all your replies.

Papillion53
    Participant

Simonhb asked a valid question which I too would like to know the answer.

BigDog your reply is not very helpful!

DoorstoManual – to refer to fellow human beings as “a different breed” is disgraceful!

Hippocampus – how can you actually tell the difference in crew members?

Bruce98
    Participant

I’ve had mixed fleet on a number of short haul flights and found the service enthusiastic, but gauche.

I really would not want to receive it on a long haul flight, although it is fine for a 1 hour hop.

Hippocampus
    Participant

papillion53 – The uniform standards are slightly different (female crew members wear hats) and the job titles are different. The most senior crew member on Mixed Fleet is a CSM (Customer Service Manager).

simonhb – JFK is Worldwide, not Mixed Fleet

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

I think if you’ve had the misfortune to fly a mixed up fleet route you would know that you had. I had an interesting experience a few months back AMS-LHR on an early morning service where we were still waiting for coffee in CE when we landed. I’m sure they are well meaning but poorly trained and inexperienced is what I found. I decided to just laugh it off and spend my money with KLM in future on that route where they offer a far better experience.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

I know it is friday afternoon for most of you and there is sod all to do or can be arsed to do and we all want the weekend but surely there is better topics of conversation than one that has been discussed to death and beyond???

Hippocampus
    Participant

AMS went back to EF quite a while ago, much more than a few months ago.

Oh, and welcome back Henkel. Now where were we? What was it you were saying about Qatar not joining Oneworld?

Papillion53
    Participant

Thanks Hippocampus!

Papillion53
    Participant

BB – exactly! 🙂

Well at least no mention of “baby – child – premium – VIP – lounge – NO! – etc. etc. ” – YET!!! LOL!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 96 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls