British Airways IT

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 91 through 103 (of 103 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=876890]This BA IT issue will be an interesting minefield to negotiate. Prior to BA’s issues there was an evacuation of Control Tower Staff and Ops were stopped at Heathrow and aircraft diverted. Drawing the line between BA’s IT and inability to function due the evacuation is grey to say the least.

Good luck those seeking EU261 claims…[/quote]

Not hard for BA. You just refuse all claims and blame someone else.

capetonianm
    Participant

I often book flights with easyJet. Sometimes when I go onto the website I notice minor changes, invariably well thought out enhancements which have been tested, and which work.

I rarely book with BA, but whenever I go onto the website, I notice that something has changed, usually for the worse, and doesn’t work properly, or is confusing at best.

‘If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’ doesn’t really apply to BA as it is broke and always has been, it just gets worse.

1 user thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Why do bookings appear some days and disappear on other days on BAEC web pages, whilst remaining in situ on the mobile app?

Are there some more changes happening with the website or is this just normal everyday BA IT..?

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=963955]Why do bookings appear some days and disappear on other days on BAEC web pages, whilst remaining in situ on the mobile app?

Are there some more changes happening with the website or is this just normal everyday BA IT..?[/quote]

The latter. Flaky IT, which is probably already under strain from the amount of changes via the pilot strike.

tomwjsimpson
    Participant

[quote quote=963955]Why do bookings appear some days and disappear on other days on BAEC web pages, whilst remaining in situ on the mobile app?

Are there some more changes happening with the website or is this just normal everyday BA IT..?[/quote]

I’m sure the work experience boy maintaining the website is doing the best he can . .

capetonianm
    Participant

I’m sure the work experience boy maintaining the website is doing the best he can . .

Boys, not boy.
    If it were only one youngster, there might at least be some consistency. I would suggest that none of the people maintaining/designing the website has any dialogue with the others.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Montysaurus
    Participant

Yet again! Booked a CE flight for me and Mrs M with BA (we’re both Silver). Couldn’t change seats because, despite being booked in with her full name and EC number, she shows as “Mrs Two M” on the Change Seats page which the system can’t accept. I tried the new look site which also had her down as “Mrs Two M”. Grrrrr!

nevereconomy
    Participant

I really think you are all unreasonable in expecting these issues to have been fixed so soon – this topic has only been going since early 2016………..
    It really does beggar belief that a business whose life blood is IT can have such a shoddy set-up.

Montysaurus
    Participant

nevereconomy – you are correct; it is unreasonable! My feelings should not be annoyance but acceptance of the fact that it is unlikely to be fixed anytime soon.

rferguson
    Participant

More IT issues today. Looking at ba.com it doesn’t seem to be having as bad an effect as past episodes but looks like 60-70% of longhaul departures are delayed while short haul seems ok.

I believe the system that has crashed today is the one used to roster and track crew duties.

capetonianm
    Participant

Hopefully another step forward to Cruz’s gardening leave. I read earlier that it was the component of the flight management system, that files flight plans.

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=978751]Hopefully another step forward to Cruz’s gardening leave. I[/quote]

Senor Cruz has more life’s than w cattery at holiday time

capetonianm
    Participant

Playing up again.

I’ve booked another flight about 2 hours ago for myself using Avios+cash on the website, got the confirmation, but it doesn’t show on the app or the website.

Next I wanted to book a flight for a friend, also Avios+cash. As you go through the booking process it asks you if the cardholder/member is travelling on the flight YES/NO, so I selected NO. It then says ‘select passenger’ (and gave me a list of 2 – my wife and son) or ‘add new passenger by entering directly into fields below.’ Those fields were greyed out and I tried everything to enter, refreshing etc.

Eventually I realised that you have add the person to a ‘my travel companions’ list, and then move them into ‘friends and family’. That is contradictory to what it says and there is no prompt given to tell you to do that. What a cumbersome, arcane, and non-intuitive process.

Viewing 13 posts - 91 through 103 (of 103 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls