British Airways IT

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 103 total)

• afrance
    Participant

Whether it is a BA IT issue or not I don’t know, but the only time I get a text from BA is to apologise for the cancellation of my flight…

Following this, and having been told they couldn’t accommodate me on an earlier flight because of my inbound connection, and I could rebook myself onto a flight the next morning, but if I wanted the hotel sorted I had to turn up at the BA desk in Madrid (!) the only apparent way I could get home that evening was to book an Easyjet, which I did (not to the airport I wanted to be at, but I sorted a taxi out). Imagine my amusement (or something like that) to get a message from “My Flights” that my booking had been moved to the earlier flight… (no text from BA at all…)

One does occasionally have to wonder…

SimonS1
    Participant

rferguson – as usual you make the case very well and coherently.

There is nothing wrong with positioning as BA does – a mid market proposition at the right price. At the end of the day the results speak for themselves and Willie Walsh has turned a pretty poor operation into one that has bought Iberia, Aer Lingus etc.

As you know I don’t use BA as on the routes I travel the airline has either thrown in the towel or doesn’t shape up with the likes of Emirates. Equally as a regular traveller with the likes of Air Zimbabwe I know what s 3rd world airline is and BA certainly aren’t in that category.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

JohnHarper – 28/04/2016 12:11 BST
    Over the years I’ve read this board I have not seen a positive comment from this poster about anything and certainly nothing of a trip review about an airline they seem hell-bent on defending.

+1

(Cue “bullying” comment.)

Rgds.
    AOTG.

rferguson
    Participant

FDOS – regarding ‘BA is a third world airline’ post. Yes, apologies my post could be interpreted as taking a dig at your post (was not my intention!) which as you say you were posting as silly yourself. My points re that post were directed to the other poster who’s ‘third world list’ was quoted. 🙂

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

New problem I’m having is booking a BA flight but operated by American. GDS is having issues allocating seats with BA at moment because of these IT problems. So go into Manage My Booking on ba.com, which as a AA operated flight sends you over to AA (as is normal). But AA website when allocating seat sends you back to BA – so you go round in circles and can’t allocate a seat without a phone call. BA then charge 55p a minute to call them to sort it out.

penfold69
    Participant

I’ve had multiple problems with seat selection and online check in in the last few weeks. All on code-share services between BA & AA. There systems don’t seem to talk in the same language. I also don’t think some of the airport staff know what to do, as I nearly had someone miss their flight from EDI last week. We had an AA ticket on BA metal departing from EDI to ORD through Heathrow. When he couldn’t check in online and went to the airport, the check in staff said there was a problem with the ticket and they couldn’t help. The ticket was fine, and only after a long wait and speaking to a supervisor di they agree to give him his boarding pass.

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

penfold69 – I’ve also heard a few similar stories and we seem to have resolved it by booking the BA flight number for the domestic connection. Keep the AA flight number for the onward longhaul sector and It should still quote the same fare for you.

It should solve the online check-in problem but, alas, not always the issue with seat numbers (on the AA codeshare sector)…..

Hope that helps.

rferguson
    Participant

When I booked my ba sector LAX-LHR on aa.com the aa call centre agent (they are LOVELY btw! Not so effective but uber nice) was able to give me a different PNR for the ba sector that worked on ba.com.

Tramor01
    Participant

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago BA flight to Charlotte booked on AA metal (wanted to change seat)… the system just kept sending me round and round…. in the end I phoned AA here in London and got things sorted without any issues

MartynSinclair
    Participant

down again…. can not make a booking or check in… Tuesday 3rd May 11.20

its just continuous….

Ah,Mr.Bond
    Participant

never mind checking in, I could not even manage something as complex as logging into my account.

JohnHarper
    Participant

Clearly nothing is getting better at BA. It must be those staff BT made redundant on performance issue in India who have taken over at BA 😉

JohnHarper
    Participant

Clearly nothing is getting better at BA. It must be those staff BT made redundant on performance issue in India who have taken over at BA 😉

I’m sure others will remember a few years back SIA had the most awful website that failed repeatedly. They only listened when booking numbers dropped significantly. BA maybe need to learn the same lesson.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

JohnHarper, being in Singapore you are right the SIA debacle was appalling and was met with a consistent head in the sand with no acknowledgement let alone an apology from the ivory tower. The staff on the front line got it in the neck for months. I am doubtful BA will learn otherwise the comments on this site over the years about consistency would have reduced. Those companies that truly are customer focused get in front of the curve not behind it. I would like to see the ‘distanced’ BA senior management team go under cover in the various operational areas and see first hand the conditions their staff have to work in. The TV series “Undercover Boss” highlights how out of touch senior management is and these IT issues simply highlight it

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Cathay Loyalist

Ha, ha, ha! I am not laughing at you but the chances of such an idea even occurring to the Directocracy at the Waterside is, sadly, pretty remote. The problem is that that they might actually learn something – and something that did not fit with the narrative from On high. I would not wish to put our trusted and reliable source at BA on the spot but I would recommend re-reading some of RFerguson’s earlier posts on how s/he is managed and the postings about the experience of Frank van der Post. BA’s upper tiers do not demonstrate many of the requirements of an open-culture management.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 103 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls