British Airways IT

Back to Forum

This topic contains 80 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Caswell 17 Nov 2017
at 13:30

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

I see the website is playing up again, I’ve been trying all day to get a quote, to be met with a systems error, have given up and booked with a competitor.

Edited – the error message says

“Sorry

Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment.

We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later. “

I suggest that BA fixes the site, it’s a stupid strategy to expect potential customers to chase you.

You are the weakest link, goodbye.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

A strange sequence of events on BAEC this evening…

**looking for an avios booking to Germany this evening.

**found the flights but didn’t booked

**an hour later, went back to book, but the outbound was no longer available

** went to history for flights searched

**clicked on book now

**hey presto required outbound flight reappeared

Is this a fault or luck or does it somehow hold a booking for an hour or two when you research….

Once booked, only allowed me to choose seat for my return…. outbound, would not let me reserve….

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I was very fortunate this week to have been at a presentation by a senior manager of BA promoting the virtues of BA and the positive outlook…

Sunday evening 00.50h, trying to book a flight for Monday morning…. website was down unable to book… result…. meeting postponed, as I cant travel….

“This page is not available.

Sorry we can’t show you this page at the moment.

Please try the following actions:
    •Restart your browser and try again
    •Try using a different browser

If these steps fail to resolve the problem, please contact us, quoting the following information:
    •Our reference: S000678328”

ontherunhome
    Participant

Dear Martin, I had a similar issue, and could also not open my On Business account as well. I called the helpline, and was told that is using Google Chrome browser, that BA website has issues with Chrome, and to use an alternative. Seems to work OK on Firefox. So BA IT has removed millions of potential customers, by having Chrome issues.Maybe try an alternative browser if using Chrome.

FCTraveller
    Participant

Actually, this problem became worst this morning. Their response that it’s a Chrome issue is complete rubbish. Yesterday I tried with Chrome, IE 11 and Edge. None worked. Only Firefox worked. This morning, nothing works, not even Firefox. Just spoke to an agent who first tried to deny their website had a problem and then when I quoted the error message, he suddenly seemed to know something and tried to imply that maybe my IP address was being blocked. Refused to transfer me to anyone in IT, just took the details and said he would pass it on. BA I know you are reading these forums, this absolutely stinks. The least you could do is put out some kind of communiqué and explain what the problem instead of sweeping it under the carpet. I have had it with this company. Goodbye!

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

We asked BA for an update, and this is what we received:

“Our website and online check in is working for the vast majority of our customers, however we understand that some people are experiencing difficulties accessing the site.

“We are sorry for the inconvenience, and our teams are working hard to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

“We would encourage customers to call our customer service team with any urgent queries on 0344 493 0787.”

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls