British Airways Global System Outage

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 226 total)

• Ahmad
    Participant

Charles-P, Please see 29th May 2017 at 11:22 for his pearls of wisdom.

Charles-P
    Participant

@Ahmad – I rarely read his posts and I certainly will not go looking for them 🙂

GivingupBA
    Participant

Anyway, regardless, I keep mistakenly reading the title of this thread as “British Airways Global System Outrage” (instead of “Outage”).

Ahmad
    Participant

Charles-P, my bad. ?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=810070] @ahmad – I rarely read his posts and I certainly will not go looking for them ?

[/quote]

Just as well, I don’t think you would understand the issues.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=810072]Anyway, regardless, I keep mistakenly reading the title of this thread as “British Airways Global System Outrage” (instead of “Outage”).

[/quote]

That’s probably a reasonable interpretation, as well as a good example of confirmation bias!

Charles-P
    Participant

@FDOS_UK

I agree, you are much to clever for me.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

So to get this back on thread, how many of these posts should I delete or can we all draw a line and get back to bemoaning BA’s IT systems, communications strategy and the inadvisability of wearing a high viz jacket whenever anything goes wrong.

Charles-P
    Participant

@Ahmad – out of curiosity are you a practicing Muslim (your name suggests you might be) ? I wondered how Muslims who observe Ramadan find the challenges of combining fasting, prayer and business travel.

Charles-P
    Participant

@Tom Otley – you can delete all of mine if you want, I was mostly amusing myself by watching others have a good old bun fight 🙂 Although do keep the last one regarding Ramadan, I am interested in the answer.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=810082] @FDOS_UK

I agree, you are much to clever for me.

[/quote]

Interesting take, but not what I meant. You have previously made a point of saying you don’t have a deep understanding of IT and that is required to follw the post Ahmad pointed you towards.

Ahmad
    Participant

[quote quote=810086] @ahmad – out of curiosity are you a practicing Muslim (your name suggests you might be) ? I wondered how Muslims who observe Ramadan find the challenges of combining fasting, prayer and business travel.

[/quote]

The short answer is one is not required to fast when travelling, it is optional. Start a thread on this topic and I will recount several stories from my youth, culminating in my resolve never to fast when travelling east to west by air. These days I don’t fast if I have to fly for more than a couple of hours.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I’m

[quote quote=810083]So to get this back on thread, how many of these posts should I delete or can we all draw a line and get back to bemoaning BA’s IT systems, communications strategy and the inadvisability of wearing a high viz jacket whenever anything goes wrong.

[/quote]

Please remove anything that is racist….oh wait a minute, nothing then.
    Meanwhile, back at the ranch……..

canucklad
    Participant

Without wanting to throw petrol, or gasoline if you prefer onto the metaphorical fire I’d like to point out that although Tata is the outsourcer, the data centres at the heart of this surge are located in Wales, near Cardiff.

Charles-P
    Participant

@canucklad – clearly a racist attack on the Welsh. May the ghost of Owain Glyndŵr visit you in the night 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 226 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls