BA Executive Club changes

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)

• DerekVH
    Participant

Please tell me someone has sent a link to Simon’s video to the Manager of the BA Exec Club?

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ DerekVH – 30/01/2015 16:25 GMT

+1

HarryMonk
    Participant

Derek VH

If it has, unfortunately I think it would be seen as vindication of a job well done.
    All publicity is good publicity etc etc

Andrew66
    Participant

The YouTube vid is brilliant , very funny !!! I was feeling just the same at having to fly shitty club Europe to maintain silver status , and the thought that I may have to use ET checkin in future !!!

I don’t really know how much the changes will affect me personally , but I think I will still very much use BA as the alternatives are not as suitable for me and my requirements , it’s very easy though to have a cynical view of what loyalty really is and the YT clip humour displayed this perfectly .

openfly
    Participant

According to a contact in BA……it was seen by almost every staff member!! It’s gone viral. The staff now know why the premium customers are rather upset.

What an effective way to get the message across…..

@SimonS1…..thanks for posting it.

Andrew66
    Participant

Just viewing the clip again , it’s still funny , it has just under 5000 views , 41 thumbs up and 7 comments , perhaps a few staff members are on day off ??

lesmclaren
    Participant

Lets hope that Hitler- whoops sorry, Freudian slip, HILLIER [if he really exists] has also seen this. As the signer of the letter I hope he is suitably humbled!

BA319131
    Participant

The video is superb!

Give it 12 months and the Gallaries will be a lot emptier. Do BA not realise companies are not going to lift their travel budgets for us to spend more on higher priced tickets?

The number of Silver and Gold members will reduce dramatically, and I suspect we will actively spend less as the club has lost its attractiveness for many of use, shame really, I’m going to miss spending my own money of Tier point runs to maintain status, I suppose the flip side is I will have more disposable money I don’t give to BA each year.

openfly
    Participant

One has to wonder if Easyjet are preparing for the influx of the ex-BA short-haul premium passengers. Good luck to them.

bobm
    Participant

I agree with BA319131 I do believe that the Galleries will be a lot emptier moving forward, as I mentioned in my earlier post corporate travel will not raise their travel budgets, if anything they are going to be reducing them moving forward with increased focus & promotion to Easyjet & Ryan Air. I too will not be spending my own money to upgrade myself & add Tier Points moving forward either which will provide additional income for my pocket. BA have made a huge mistake with this change, we are now just seen as a revenue figure & customer loyalty no longer falls within their focus for customer satisfactions. I do not think they realize how many business travellers push to fly BA with the travel providers & show loyalty towards BA. The senior Management at BA need to take a close look at the comments being made on here & other forums & return the programme to the way it used to be which worked well for the majority of business travellers with BA.

mkcol74
    Participant

But did it work well (enough) for BA? I suggest not, otherwise would the changes have been made?

rferguson
    Participant

What surprises me most is not that BA has made changes (given what other airlines have announced recently it wasn’t unexpected) but more so the changes they have made.

I would have though that the tier points/status gaining would have been the focus of the tightening and not the earning/redeeming of Avios (which IMHO is the already weak link in the exec club).

My prediction a month ago was a total rethink of tier points of partner airlines (ie 210 for MIA-LAX on AA in domestic first) and the end of the 900 tier point DUB-HNL-DUB trips. And a rise in the amount of sectors that had to be made on BA. But these has been left alone surprisingly.

openfly
    Participant

@bobmotto

BA managers seldom admit that they were wrong. Many of their decisions are bonus led, so if there is a financial saving with their business plan that leads to personal gain, irrespective of the consequences. So, even if they have read our thread and comments, they will ignore us even if we wander off to Easy and Ryanair for our travel requirements.
    There WILL be tears……but these changes are here to stay!

Cwyfan
    Participant

Given some of the changes, is this a cunning scheme to make us use more Avios on Iberia?

slotski
    Participant

I have a trip on Virgin in July in UC. Used 160,000 miles for two tickets. Now I’m wondering whether I should instead redeem my BA Amex companion voucher instead. It will use 80,000 avios (use the lower redemption whilst i can) before the same trip costs 120,000 avios under the new scheme. I could save my Virgin miles for a future trip. My only issue is, will Virgin follow BA and increase thier miles needed? Any thoughts?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls