BA Executive Club changes

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)

• TheRealSlimShady
    Participant

” If a cut-price airline is offering a better fare, go for it. Show your airline the same loyalty it shows you. It’s not personal; it’s business.”

Hit the nail right on the head.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/0331e11c-abc8-11e4-a089-00144feab7de.html#axzz3RXKicN00

Sorry if this has been posted already, but a good read for those with access.

FCTraveller
    Participant

Is anyone aware of whether BA will maintain the same cost of Part Cash Part Avios? At the moment it’s around 1.3p per Avios which is much better than an outright full price purchase and about equivalent to the promotional purchase price. It also begs the question, will they also increase the cost of purchasing Avios?

SGJNI1961
    Participant

Did anyone else catch the article yesterday on http://www.headforpoints.com regarding the actual numbers of premium flyers going through T5 on Easter Saturday???? Very interesting, almost 3000 Golds and only 500 less Silvers !!!!! In one day. No wonder I couldn’t get a seat in F lounge the Monday before ( again) or in The Concorde Roomon Good Friday, a very underwhelming experience. Asked for a glass of Champagne and the reply was ” red or white” !!!???

Raffles99
    Participant

The Part Cash, Part Avios rate varies by the ticket you are booking.

As per:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2013/10/30/when-to-use-avios-and-money/

it is, as you say, 1.3p for First. However, Club World is 1.75p, World Traveller Plus 0.75p and World Traveller 0.7p! (Have not double checked these numbers today but that is what they were last time I looked.)

oneworldflier101
    Participant

SGJNI1961 Agree with your red or white comment.

I will make you laugh, I had a 10 min standoff with the incompetent barman in the Concorde room in Jan when I was heading to Singapore in F on the new A380 flight (which was v good).
    I asked what the champagne choice was and he said blah blah and then Remy Martin. I laughed and said Remy Martin is a Brandy. He looked at me as if I was an idiot and said no way he had filled the champagne fridge with it and it was Champagne!
    I said no no no it is not- it may say champagne on the label because of the grape.
    He would not believe me, so he pulled one of the bottles out to open for me to prove his point. Obviously he was shocked it did not have a champagne cork. He then still did not believe me and then tried it.
    Anyway it would have been funny in a cheap bar in London but it was an absolute joke in the Concorde room that the main barman that day did not know the difference between brandy and champagne and also tried to show me up. I did laugh a lot but overall the lounge staff at T5 in every lounge in my (humble) opinion are grumpy and not helpful, but this was a really funny experience (or not) having paid for an F flight.

FCTraveller
    Participant

Just a last minute reminder that you have 4 hours left to book Avios flights before the new rules come into effect at midnight. As changes to date and time will be allowed on flights booked prior to the changes, you can bank some flights. Changes are allowed as long as the departure date is within one year of booking and the return must be one year from the date of departure.

Swissdiver
    Participant

In practice… An upgrade from WTP to Club World on a 6 hours flight changed from 10’000 points to 24’000, i.e. an increase of 240%!!!
    Thank you, BA!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

First avios redemption under the new rules. Flight within the next 2 weeks, all flights open and biggest surprise, given off peak for what I had presumed would have been a prime weekend flight.

OK I know its Europe and not longahul…..

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls