BA Executive Club changes

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 128 total)

• MartinJ
    Participant

If BAEC were serious about increasing Avios availability for their most loyal customers they would stop giving out millions of Avios each year as credit card sign-up bonuses. If you live in the US you can easily generate 100,000 Avios per year or more just by switching credit cards.

slotski
    Participant

Has anyone established if Silver status and Gold status are 600 and 1,500 tier points respectively?

KarlMarx
    Participant

cityprofessional

You wrote “Yes, redemptions are more costly, but, as a Londoner, it always narked me that Glaswegians paid the same for a redemption to Paris”

May I politely ask you why you feel this way?

I’m also based in the South East, but we have the option of taking direct flights from London and people based in the regions do not. If British Airways wishes to use that brand, should it not offer the same price in redemptions from any airport in the UK?

After, the regions used to have direct flights and then BA removed them.

Or would you support a re-branding to ‘Southeast Airways?’

K1ngston
    Participant

I might be wrong here, but I ask this question, I know that as a premium passenger you will be rewarded more, but what is the difference from someone who flies 30-35 sectors a year in Y as they do not have the budget or for company reasons, surely they need to be rewarded to, in fact these people are probably more loyal than premium customers who make up their Avios and tier points with less flights??

Aren’t these the people that ultimately suffer with the changes??

TheMidasGold
    Participant

Just to let you all know that the increased reward availabilty has already been loaded onto the BA system.

For the first time ever, I am seeing availability in Club to Sydney on almost every day at the end of this year.

Don’t hesitate though. On these more popular routes, the number of available reward seats above the guaranteed 2 are likely to be 0.

K1ngston
    Participant

It certainly has just booked my premium reward J seats from SIN – LHR for Xmas …. result !!!

goalie11
    Participant

KarlMarx +1

I could almost take cityprofessional’s post as being racist. As KM states it’s the same for the ‘regions’, that means Manchester and Newcastle as well as Glasgow etc. BA dumped the regions in terms of direct flights to Paris and other points in Europe so there should be no penalty for the connecting flights.

openfly
    Participant

I feel very sorry for regional connecting Avios passengers. It appears that the regional connecting fare is not only going to be a separate add-on, but it is doubling! At the moment domestics are 9000 Avios and £35. After April 28th this becomes 18000 and £70.

Still this might come down when BA gets rid of the fuel surcharge!!! Yeah right…..and pigs might fly.

openfly
    Participant

I think the guys that have discovered “extra availability” might just have been lucky. There is no availability on other popular routes. The extra availability is not due to come in until the end of April.

TominScotland
    Participant

goalie11+1

It is worth remembering that us ‘provincials’ who are facing greater Avios and £ costs to fly to Europe already pay more for our revenue tickets although we do get partial compensation in the form of Avios and Tier Points.

TheMidasGold
    Participant

Hi openfly. The extra availabliy has already been added. See the following paragraph from today’s FAQ’s:

The additional 500,000 reward seats which are directly linked to the new guarantee have been released for you to book on ba.com for flights departing on or after 28 April 2015. However, some flights may have released the minimum number of seats already and if these have been booked you may not see additional reward seats available on those flights from today.

TheMidasGold
    Participant

So if you are quick, you can book extra availability using existing AVIOS.

I just booked 2 tickets return in Club in November to Sydney using an AMEX voucher plus around £1400 in fees and 200,000 AVIOS.

Very happy!

openfly
    Participant

Thanks Midas….nothing changed from yesterday to today for Indian Ocean, Cape Town, Caribbean or South America.

But if BA say that they have released these 500,000 seats….they all went in a very short period of time!!! One can only wonder….

JordanD
    Participant

More availability than ever in WT and CW to India at Christmas … only shame is that the WT+ availability I’d spotted a day (or 36hrs) ago is now gone. So yes – those who can move fast can book in great availability at the current, ‘cheaper’ rates.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

The extra availability is there. I had checked this yesterday in any case for flights to Texas in November and today there is a lot more to all destinations.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 128 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls