BA Executive Club changes

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 128 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

“Nobody gets a flight because they want airline miles or avios or tier points. People catch flights to get to places and presumably, by the title of this website and forum, to do business.”

Sorry to say Karen you are totally incorrect. There is a thriving industry of people who are tier point runners. Head on over to FlyerTalk (or Headforpoints or Flyingpiggie or many other forums) and you will find a very active industry of people who do it. Sometimes combined with business, sometimes with personal money.

Sounds like you are the one who needs to get out a bit more?

dutchyankee
    Participant

@KarenGrace

As someone who does pay his own travel as I own my own business I am one you say is allowed to complain about this change.

Others who work for someone else, I am sure feel duly told off, and will no doubt appreciate your advice and reprimand! 🙂

Swissdiver
    Participant

Karen,

Interesting. But wrong.

I don’t pay for most of my travels. My clients do nowadays. But I have a strong influence on their choices! The only limit is when prices are too different (had to fly LH lately to KSA because BA was much more expensive).

When I used to work in a company, I still had leeway.

So, yes, I consider I have a say even-though I don’t pay! And, yes, the program counts, in my case more for the immediate perks (lounges, fast-tracks, …) than for the milages.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

KarenGrace – 30/01/2015 08:25 GMT
    Perhaps it was time those of you that are moaning about these changes looked at concentrating more on the work you’re employed to do, rather than the “loyalty” benefits you receive for travelling to do the work in the first place.

Stop moaning? Stop moaning you say? Come on now, be realistic. If we as a collective stop moaning on this forum you’d be lucky if there were 4 posts a week! 😉

Bobby Dazzler of an opening post Karen, very graceful. (See what I did there?)

Regards.
    AOTG.

SimonS1
    Participant

mkcol74
    Participant

@SimonS1 Excellent!

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ SimonS1 – 30/01/2015 10:21 GMT

Absolutely bloody priceless: side-achingly funny. And for the first (and probably ONLY) time in my life, I find myself agreeing with Herr Hitler…

As these changes might as well have stated that they are directed at me personally and my travel pattern (some L/H in business but mainly Euro S/H split Y and some opportunist J), it might just be that I now start trying out the entire gamut of European airlines and EZY because BA are clearly not bothered about retaining my custom.

nevereconomy
    Participant

I am looking at it from a different angle – maybe now I will use some sense and spend my money with the better options out there, which is just about anyone but United at the moment. Loyalty really could be the only reason to stay with BA, since every aspect of their offering is second rate.

lesmclaren
    Participant

Suburb SimonS1 – absolutely loved it!!

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

Brilliant and one to watch out for in the Oskar nominations….

rferguson
    Participant

Well all in all quite disappointing. The biggest annoyance for me is the increase in redemption requirements for F and J. I’d be happy to swallow that increase if I wasn’t still paying around £500-£600 for fees/taxes per person to book one.

One small improvement though – has anyone noticed that the Iberia Avios programme is also making changes? Not that it will benefit many in the UK, but Iberia is also launching off-peak rates which ARE actually a reduction in the current Avios required. As Iberia uses the same frequent flyer currency as BA you can transfer Avios from BA Exec Club to Iberia Plus. You just need an Iberia Plus account that has been ‘live’ for 90 days. MAD-JFK will set you back 34,000 Avios and MAD – MIA 42,500 (one way J class) at the ‘new’ off peak rate.

Just a shame we can’t use the AMEX 2-4-1 voucher with IB!

PatJordan
    Participant

SimonS1….pure genius, especially the last line!

ViajeroUK
    Participant

SimonS1…………….best video clip ever!! esp liked the Delft houses/gin part!

Cwyfan
    Participant

Does anyone have thoughts whether this makes future bonus transfer rates from Tesco Clubcard or Amex Credit Cards more or less likely?

mkcol74
    Participant

@kmcottrell Given that Virgin have today emailed a 30% bonus on Tesco Clubcard to Flying Club conversions from today until end of March, I’d expect there to be a BA one coming along in the subsequent quarter.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 128 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls