BA Executive Club changes

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 128 total)

• KarlMarx
    Participant

Goalie11

Before you make any accusations of racism, you would be wise to consider the inequity of Scottish residents receiving university education for free in Scotland, whilst English and Welsh students have to pay up to £9,000pa to study at those same universities. A lot of people are ‘narked’ by that, it doesn’t make them racists. And the Scottish Parliament is perfectly entitled to make that decision, just as BA is to make this one.

It works both ways.

PhilipHart
    Participant

@openfly

Ever so slightly off topic, but, regarding the effect of fuel surcharge on Avios redemptions, it is worth checking out the article – BA scraps fuel surcharges on short-haul flights – change your Avios redemption strategy – on the unmissable and ever informative Head For Points blog.

(FYI, I have no affiliation with H4P. I just love the really useful tips for collecting vastly larger numbers of Avios than I would ever earn by actually flying under the new BAEC terms. For example – It’s back – earn 3,600 Avios points with £60 Tesco grocery spend. Though hurry with that particular one, as it expires tonight!)

goalie11
    Participant

KM

Read properly, no accusation, I said I could almost ……..

Let’s keep it to travel.

mkcol74
    Participant

Meanwhile over at Iberia Plus….

http://tinyurl.com/nzqcth9

openfly
    Participant

@PhilipHart

Yes I knew that, but the long haul massive fuel surcharge has not changed. BA have been told by the Chancellor to review the charge but BA have ignored him. So, the fuel surcharge is, in real terms, the major part of the Avios “fare”.

cityprofessional
    Participant

Currently LHR-CDG return and LHR-GLA return cost twice the number of avios as GLA-LHR-CDG return. That anomaly will be fixed. Makes sense to me

If there was enough profitable demand to fly GLA-CDG, I’m sure BA would. It’s a private company, not a public service

If you want to fly direct to Paris from Glasgow, you can always fly easyjet

openfly
    Participant

@mkcol74

That’s a very interesting lead to Iberia.

It appears in another BA shambles…..that the Iberia changeover will start on March 3rd and BA at the end of April. I wonder when Qatar will change!? You couldn’t make it up.

openfly
    Participant

@cityprofessional

“Fly Easyjet from Paris to Glasgow” That is so sensible…thanks.

KarlMarx
    Participant

goalie11 – 28/01/2015 18:06 GMT

You need to read again, my friend. I said ‘before’ not that you had.

I agree that we should stick to travel, you introduced the ‘R’ word and I hope that is the last we see of it, for whilst I disagree with City Professional, he (or she) is nowhere near being racist.

KarlMarx
    Participant

cityprofessional – 28/01/2015 18:14 GMT

Currently, longer cash flights ex EU cost less than shorter flights ex London, does that also make sense?

KarlMarx
    Participant

openfly – 28/01/2015 18:21 GMT

Given the new redemption deal, it may be less expensive to fly easyJet, period.

And the experience is pretty good.

SGJNI1961
    Participant

Still not being very sure where this is all going, I looked for redemption flights to SFO, JNB and CPT for the latest dates available, none available! However, I have just booked BHD-PRG for a weekend in Jan next for two in CE for 36,000 + £100. If I have read the info correctly, after April, I would have to pay for the domestic from BHD to LHR, or is that wrong?

KarlMarx
    Participant

SGJNI1961 – 28/01/2015 19:39 GMT

Yes, you are right.

Welcome to Southeastern Airways. You would need to pay for the connecting flight in Avios and £.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

SGJNI1961

I’ve just checked availability (in J) for SFO and from May this year, there is availability on practically every flight. Not quite sure why you can’t see it.

Edited to add that the availability appears to ample in Y & J only. In F & W, it is very limited.

SGJNI1961
    Participant

Thanks @Bath_VIP.
    I only looked for January next as I am already booked to SFO in July and August (yes, I really do like the place). Both paid fares ex DUB were less than £1100 per flight in Club so not sure a redemption booking would be a real advantage. I was really only trying to find out if availability had improved. You have kindly suggested that it might have. Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 128 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls