BA downgrade

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Now back in London… BA 907 from Frankfurt is also cancelled today due to lack of cabin crew!

Happy ending for me though

25,000 avios = 5 economy return sectors OR 1 club return + 1 economy sector..

Well done Mr CSD for the recovery….. more than happy….

Ps – 50 minutes for bags to come through T5..

Chiantikid
    Participant

Am pleased Martyn you were well looked after and compensated in the end. As a footnote I’ve found out that around 25 BA flights were canx yesterday. I assume as I said before that most but not all would have been weather related and BA would have been told to canx an amount of flights by ATC. ( as would other carriers)

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Avios works for me as they are very usable within Europe.

I hope though that BA stop asking/suggesting pax call sales offices that are closed over the weekend…

Glad you got sorted out Martyn.

Not here, just received a second e-mail from CR:

Dear Mr x

Thank you for coming back to us. I am sorry you remain disappointed with my previous response. I do understand that this is something you feel strongly about and that we have not addressed your complaint to your full satisfaction.

It does matter to us if we cannot resolve a customer’s complaint to their full satisfaction. Our senior managers, and ultimately our Board, measure our performance in this area every month. This helps us to make sure that we take the time to review your concerns thoroughly, with great care and sensitivity.

I have spoken with our Airport Manager in Dublin and she has explained that you could not be seated in our Club Europe cabin because of crew restrictions. The crew compliment for over fifteen customers in our Club Europe cabin is a four and there were only three crew on the BA0827 on the day in question. Check-in staff in Dublin have said they informed you of this and then went to the gate and spoke with the crew to see if they could take an additional customer, but unfortunately they refused to due to their crew agreements.

I have reviewed all the circumstances again and taken account of your email. It has not led me to a different decision and I believe that our offer was a fair one. I am afraid that I cannot increase it.

I appreciate that this is probably not the reply you were hoping for, and I am sorry to disappoint you. I do hope this will not deter you from choosing British Airways in the future. Thank you for contacting me and giving me an opportunity to review your concerns again.

—–

I can assure you the lady at check-in did not inform me of the downgrade. Perhaps I should have kicked up a fuss at the gate or with the purser.

Case closed…I will use my remaining Avios and be moving elsewhere.

I am fan of BA but they deserve to loose your custom for that… Absolutely shocking… I hope you manage to find someone with better customer care. In my mind you should phone customer relations and ask to speak to the highest authority, as that email shows complete disregard for your custom and worth.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I can understand your frustration and disappointment Alexpo but what I find incredible is they need 4 crew members to service 15 customers and the inflexibility of the crew in accepting just one more pax into Business. When I recently flew Swiss business into LHR we were about 30 pax and we were looked after perfectly by just two cabin crew.

For that reason , and that reason alone I’d leave BA to their own devices and fly with someone else.

TominScotland
    Participant

Poor service, poor customer relations, disappointing – certainly.

“Absolutely shocking” ……… mmmmmmmmmmm

MartynSinclair
    Participant

As I have more or less identified my travel plans, I don’t want to say too much for fear of the CSD being identified.

However, I think the major difference between how Alex’s and my situation were dealt with is in my case, the CSD GENUINELY cared and felt embarrassed in the way I had been dealt with.

In Alex’s case, the faceless person, probably couldn’t give a toss and is merely tasked with fobbing pax’s off!

SimonS1
    Participant

Miserable experience for both Martyn and Alexpo, clearly.

That and the comment on another thread about BA taking more than 45 mins to answer the phone would indicate why most people in my business would only use BA if there were no other alternative available.

MrDarwin
    Participant

I wonder if crying “weather” has become the standard response to anyone querying a delay or cancellation?

I took BA213 to BOS on Sunday, checked in at 0930, went through security to find that my flight had been delayed by around 2 hours. I went to a customer service desk to enquire about my connecting flight from BOS, and was told “it’s the weather outside that’s caused the delay, we’ll look after you” etc etc. Waited in satellite B for three hours until we departed around 1300 (with no mention or apology for the delay – it was as if BA were pretending the flight was scheduled to depart at 1300 all along). Strangely, the plane was at the gate for the whole time.

However upon boarding the captain mentioned the delay was caused because the flight was late leaving New York the night before.

(After a Benny Hill style performance across BOS airport I arrived at the gate for my onwards US Airways flight just as boarding was called).

MartynSinclair
    Participant

oh dear oh dear….

Just received an email from BAEC… to a problem that I thought had already been solved by the CSD..

“Can I check which number you were calling? Another number for you to reach us in the UK besides the 0800 123 111 number is +44 208 707 4488. I hope you are not in this situation again, but at least there is another number to reach us on the Gold line in the UK should you need to. “

No hint of an apology AND more importantly (to me) no hint of the 25,000 avios CONFIRMED WOULD BE CREDITED IMEDIATELY by the CSD on the return flight, last Monday…

Likewise Martyn.

Last Wednesday I was assured by staff at the gate and by the jobsworth of a purser that I would receive Avios in recompense.

No way.

I was not annoyed by the downgrade, but when I got home that evening I realised just how poorly it had been handled.

And don’t get me started on BA CR!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

After the conversation with the CSD, I suggested to him that he confirms with CS that as long as the avios are added, I am happy with his service recovery and the solution and no need for further communication on the subject (i.e. case closed!)

Bottom line for me, I was messed around by BA, spent time trying to contact a closed Sales office I was told to contact, calling the UK from my mobile and the associated cost – not getting through… speaking to my office explaining why I was not returning ………..

The 25,000 avios for me…….. equated to a significant amount of compensation, 5 economy sectors or 2 in club + 1 in economy… value probably £450 – 550….. a solution I am happy with………. as long as BA don’t mess me around further by deciding to change their mind…. or NOT supporting their CSD’s actions…

rjhcambs
    Participant

We have just experienced a very positive reaction to a change in class but this time from Cathay and not BA. I had recently read in a BT news thread that Cathay are removing PE from many of their regional flights. I had already booked PE for HKG – SGN and vv for our trip next year and so was expecting to be downgraded to Y. Last week we received an e-mail confirming our flights would not have PE. On checking our MMB a pleasant surprise – we have been moved in to J. Two days later another e-mail arrived confirming this and today a phone call from a very pleasant woman in the LHR ticket office saying she had been asked by HKG to check that we are happy with the new arrangement! I know there has been recent discussion on this forum over Ian-from HKG’s non-recognition of reaching two million miles but in this case we could not have asked for more from Cathay.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

After 2 email chasers… excuses, such as the computers were not working and having had a variety of other excuses about being pushed along the Customer Services conveyor belt, I have very begrudgingly been credited with the 25,000 airmiles for the flight disruption a weekend or so back FRA – LHR as the CSD arranged…

The final email made no mention of directing me to closed offices or incorrect phone numbers – or spending 4o minutes holding on the phone from Germany to London…..

……… but quite honestly, BA can BUY me any time with 25,000 avios, which as previously stated, I value at somewhere between £450 and £550…

London tonight on VS and FRA tomorrow BA…

Happy days…

ALEX – push for your avios and hope they come through soon

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls