BA downgrade

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 92 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Alex… the 6pm (ish) flight into LCY would be perfect… alas..

1. Sales office in Germany closed

2. Website won’t allow me to change booking

3. UK sales office too busy to take my call

…… I’m really not sure what else I can do…. I’m out having dinner….

If im unable to communicate with the airline… already spent over 30 minutes on hold using my cell….. any ideas would be gratefully accepted..

Did get through to the sales office in the UK, but they said, sorry you beed Customer Services..

Quite frankly… I’m very PI++ED off…

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Alex… the 6pm (ish) flight into LCY would be perfect… alas..

1. Sales office in Germany closed

2. Website won’t allow me to change booking

3. UK sales office too busy to take my call

…… I’m really not sure what else I can do…. I’m out having dinner….

If im unable to communicate with the airline… already spent over 30 minutes on hold using my cell….. any ideas would be gratefully accepted..

Did get through to the sales office in the UK, but they said, sorry you need Customer Services..

Quite frankly… I’m very PI++ED off…

Yep Martyn, I fully understand.

I don’t know how urgently you have to be back in London.

One idea is to book a new return flight with LH or BA!! as you travel to Frankfurt regularly.

Then begins the long process of getting appropriate refund.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your evening.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I’m on an airmiles ticket.

I accept these things happen…. but I don’t accept the cr+p the airline make you go through to contact them for changes. it’s unacceptable how difficult it is to contact BA on a weekend.

Why on earth can’t I make the changes on line as everyone, including BA tell me…

I need to get back…. but if I can’t, I cant…..

Thanks for your help Alex

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Sunday am

The number BA asked me to call to change my ticket, remains closed on Sunday – why on earth am I given a number that’s not open to help on the weekend.

However, just went into BAEC and finally I have been given options, one of which is to travel tomorrow morning, which I would not like to do.

Click here, click there – bingo, “sorry our system can not change your flight, please try later”.

As usual, the only way to sort this out is to go to airport later this afternoon.

Will this cause me to change airlines? Sadly not; need BA on Wednesday to get to USA…

SimonS1
    Participant

Used BA for the first time in ages last week to Johannesburg.

Trip report to follow at some point but needless to say late leaving as the plane (747) was late being towed to the gate and boarding didn’t start until the scheduled departure time.

A further delay followed as one of the cargo doors wouldn’t close. Captain came on the PA to say they were trying to fix it. “Customers in our First Class cabin will see the engineers climbing up and down through the hatch in the floor” he said.

Quality stuff. Latest enhancement for BA premium clients perhaps – free theatrical display from the engineering team.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

SimonS1: engineers hard at it reminds me of a PanAm to NYK back circa 1980.

We pulled out 4 hours late (technical problems) then after start of take off, aborted and back to terminal. After half an hour back at the gate was told “we have problems with the hydraulics but don’t worry our engineers are working hard in difficult conditions and we are determined to get you there in time for the holiday”

Decided to leave as I now didn’t fancy this flight and was told you will lose your ticket if you leave – asked for the complaints log and wrote their announcement with the comment this looks like a poor approach to safety.

Result I was allowed to deplane, rang the person meeting me & next day after a night at home got my flight with no probs.

Wonder if there is still a “complaints log” in circumstances where a flight begins to look unsafe?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

came to FRA flug this morning – long Q’s due to system breakdown!!

Luckily recognised by Edward who pulled me out of the Q, rebooked my ticket and now waiting to fly.

I did ask about last nights cancelled BA 911 (remember, I was notified on Saturday afternoon it was cancelled). Told that is was cancelled due to weather in London!!!!

Presume no EU261 (again) 🙁

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Seems a bit fishy Martyn. How can you cancel a Sunday flight on a Saturday due to bad weather? How can they know?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Exactly!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Seems the bad weather was all over by lunch time.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/6151551/

Did they give you accommodation Martyn?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Absolutely nothing!

All I really wanted was to speak to BA to sort out the rebook, which the website would not allow me to confirm.. didn’t even manage that..

Now on board waiting to get back to London….

mkcol74
    Participant

I took a screenshot of my weather radar app at 1345 yesterday, having endured a significant storm lasting about 45 minutes in Milton Keynes. Wish I could share it so you could get an idea of what passed through. The tail of it was stretching much further south & at that point still to the west of LHR with equal ferocity.
    It doesn’t surprise me at all that there was a cancellation (or a few) having sat through the storm. Probably tactical cancellation to try to protect the integrity of the remaining operation. They’re damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

What I do agree was piss-poor was their follow-up service following notification of your cancellation. That needs to be drastically improved. I do not for an instant understand is why the local number you need to call doesn’t auto-divert to an open office when your local one is shut.

Chiantikid
    Participant

According to my sources at BA, they were ‘told’ on Saturday to cancel some flights in advance of the bad weather due on Sunday. This is ‘normal’ procedure at LHR due to working at 99% capacity. As we now know the weather was nowhere as bad as predicted by the met office. However the landing flow rates yesterday were still definitely lower than usual. ( ATC’s call). Most other flights were delayed, both BA and other carriers. Hope that helps

MrMichael
    Participant

Question, If they cancel a flight as described by Chiantikid, I would have thought that was outside the scope of beyond their control for denied boarding purposes?

They chose to cancel the flight, indeed chose to cancel Martyn’s flight….Martyn…….why do you suppose they are picking on you?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 92 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls