BA downgrade

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 92 total)
  • Yes! Be calm, firm and polite with your complaint and they will move mountains for you I am sure!

MrMichael
    Participant

Just the points then Alexpo, no phrase book.

SSS may be Danish Mr Michael.

I am Avios poor at the moment so time to throw top wobbly lol

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Just out of interest…

You were downgraded………. whether you paid via avios or cash, surely there is a refund that the airline are obligated to give you (whatever that amount is)..

Surely surely its not the case that you have to apply for that refund.

What about the taxes, are they different for economy…

Am I missing something here…..??

Chiantikid summed up pretty much what the purser said to me this morning. I was not annoyed..in fact I shook his hand.

I had a Club booking and even though I missed a salad and roll and nothing else literally, out of principle I believe BA is at fault and although rules are rules it is inexplicable.

As an aside, yesterday I flew LUX LHR DUB both in CE. I believe Luxembourg is a Mixed Fleet crew and OMG it showed (also today on return). They really do make BA an airline one would wish to fly.

canucklad
    Participant

Just a thought alexpo, do you tweet ? And I’m not meaning at Sss’s… : )

I tweet twice a month canucklad and the Danes have a much finer sense of humour than their neighbours.

Sorry folks for going off topic.. but fellow passengers can really make or break a trip. Last night I met a very wise Indian lady from Mumbai. A real pleasure…and today I met a young beautiful couple from Valencia at security in T1 on their way to LA. I guess they are still in the air.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

You’re obviously much more sociable than I am on planes, Alexpo. Personally, the only interaction I want with anyone on board is with people giving me food or drink. I sigh inwardly on CX when I see the CSD or ISM or whatever they call themselves nowadays beetling up to introduce herself (or occasionally himself) and give me a load of standard blah that I’ve heard a thousand times before. Usually in the middle of a film or my meal. I mean, I know it’s a nice gesture, and at one level I do appreciate it, but I do wish they would time it better!!

One notable exception to the above was on my last flight on Kingfisher – a red-eye from Mumbai to Hong Kong which had an onboard bar. Spent the whole night there, chatting to the barman (who staid resolutely on duty despite quite a bit of turbulence) and a delightful Dutch family living somewhere in the middle of India. That was a good flight, and we made quite a big dent in Kingfisher’s alcohol budget. Shame that (a) I had to go straight to the office after landing and (b) Kingfisher went bust shortly afterwards. I miss that airline!!

MrMichael
    Participant

Ian, I too rather liked Kingfisher. I recall waiting for a flight and seeing at the next gate to my flight a kingfisher liveried Boeing 727. I asked the purser about it later and it was for private charters. I never did fly on a 727 to my regret.

I loved the bright red of kingfisher, more red than Virgin. A great airline with a business class I must say I found one of the very best. Friendly crew that enjoyed their job and it showed in the service they gave. Shame it all went bust, the upside being you can still get Kingfisher beer, still goes down well with a chicken jalfrezi.

Sorry….off topic.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Was it the dent in the booze budget that pushed Kingfisher over Ian? I think we should be told ๐Ÿ˜‰

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Alexpo, Martyn.

7 days + 25,000 Avios + plus whatever comp is legally due.

Anyway shouldn’t have happened.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I hate to think so, LP, since I would have loved the opportunity to make further dents…

MrMichael, I did think it was quite amusing that in the lounge that Kingfisher used in Bombay (the Lufty lounge), Kingfisher beer wasn’t available!

canucklad
    Participant

My advice alexpo, whilst you wait for BA to be pro-active you start twittering away at how “as a loyal customer ,you felt let down by BA” and wait for what should be a pretty immediate response.
    And itโ€™s good to know there are other sociable flyers out there. My heart sinks when my neighbour, especially on long haul flights does a reasonable impersonation of a Clam.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

I always see if the person I’m next to is showing signs of social ability and then go from there. If someone doesn’t want to talk / converse then I’ll have a quiet one. One of the pleasures of flying is the people you can meet (good & bad!).

Anyway – I’m going to be frugal and say 8,000 Avios (hopefully very wrong alexpo1). Boa tarde

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 92 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls