BA Club Europe – Have they totally lost the plot?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 120 total)

• ConcordeFlyer
    Participant

VG – Not totally relevant to the current Discussion but am very curious to learn – how does one obtain a BA promotional code ?

I fly BA at least twice a month on European return flights and have never been offered a thing….apart from a cookie and a savoury mix down the back.

Thank you in advance for some feedback.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Concorde Flyer

Sometimes BA mail them out, but I have found promotions mainly by looking for them on fora such as these, where other posters share.

Often, one registers on a microsite and then receives extra points, sometimes one enters a code like PRIDE, when booking and this reduces the flight costs.

Have you had a look at Flyertalk, too?

Just out of interest, do you earn silver status with all your short haul ET flights?

ConcordeFlyer
    Participant

I have not but will be doing so tomorrow morning whilst munching on one of those white crusty mushroom filled rolls with ketchup at T5 South Lounge……

Thank you for the lead DisgustedofSwieqi.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

You’re welcome, have a good flight.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Martyn made a very good remark on the airlines making money from their business.

The likes of Cathay and Singapore Airlines understand by making their customers feel special will enable the sirlines to keep them as loyal “captive” clients, not the opposit!

Give a little and get plenty more!!!! This motto never fails!!!!

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

FlyingChinaman

“Give a little and get plenty more!!!! This motto never fails!!!!”

This is the attitude of a company who views customers as revenue streams, not cost centres.

And it seems to work very well, as you say.

Binman62
    Participant

Having stated previously that I though CE under 2.5 hours was a waste of time and money I have to confess that I have just taken a CE flight to Europe. Having a gold card, I secured 1AC DF for the family and we were all looking forward to the trip.

I awoke a few days ago and decided to check in and to my surprise, dissapointment, and then anger found that I have been moved to 4DF 5 DF.

I called customer support who could not help and frankly did not care. I called customer relations who actually refused to even discuss it as it was a future booking!

The usual guff about operation changes was rolled out but no one could say why an operational change from 1 aircraft with row 1 to another with row 1 would make any difference.

There are of course worse things in life than sitting in row 4 rather than row 1 but one reason we chose the seats is that it helps when travelling with kids. So for those who hark on about “obnoxious kids in business class” perhaps you could have a word with BA. Moving their seats does not help!!

So yes they have lost the plot.

Would someone remind me again why 1 gold and 3 silvers should stick with BA, they seem to be in terminal decline ….and what is worse, I have some further flights very soon.

CRAIGADAMS
    Participant

I agree that it is frustrating when BA moves you out of your requested seats, and even more so when you do not receive any communication from the airline to alert you to the change. For those who like to plan ahead, these changes in the last days before a flight, can spoil your preparations.
    If I book the first row of ET, an unwelcome bump out of my requested seats on the day before the flight seems to happen almost every time. As with Binman62’s experience, the new seat allocations do not always make any sense, such as separating passengers who were going to sit together into different rows and sides of the aircraft.
    All aircraft have a row 1 so a change of aircraft is an odd reason to provide.

jet72uk
    Participant

Binman – are u serious? My heart bleeds for you – and Craigadams, For everything going on in the world and now this??? Whatever next?

PS not all aircraft have a row 1, some CE start 2AC , 1 DEF

AlanReynolds1
    Participant

Travelling Economy back from Berlin to LHR, “Light refreshments” comprised a soft drink and a small chocolate biscuit. Is is really worth the bother to source and hand that out? Staff sell other goods from the Shopping Catalogue (so have facilities for collecting and accounting for the money they take), so why not – a la EasyJet – sell some proper “light refreshments”?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Binman62, whilst I sympathise with you it may be interesting to see who has taken your researved seats on the flight in question.

You never know, it could be WW himself or even a mystery BT forum member. Please do let us know.

On a serious note, if this had happened to me on a longhaul flight, especially upstairs, front row, I too would be on the phone. Unfortuantely as you well know, there could be a list of many reasons why this has happened. Try phoning reservations to make a booking for your flight and see if you can reserve row 1 on a full fare. Interested to hear.

Binman62
    Participant

Jet72uk…….I did say that there are worse things in my original post. The subject of the forum is Club Europe and the offerings. seat selection is part of the offer and, moreover the selection of row 1 is an offer made to Gold card holders. It was not intended as a moan for a moans sake but rather to highlight what appears to be a regular failing of one element of the club europe product and the lack of interest at BA.

The situation has got worse, this flight has passed and will be the subject of a trip report shortly but they then proceeded to change my seats in First from 1234k to 4EF 5EF without any advice.

If I change anything via MMB I get an email to say that this has been done. If BA make the change I get nothing. This is surely poor customer service.

RichHI1
    Participant

I find Binman’s predicament interesting. The reason is I am tall and I have old sports injuries which mean I cannot sit in bulkhead seats as there is no room to straighten my legs. Yet every time I book a European flight with BA on the phone I get row 1 automatically and have to go in and change it to 2 or 3. Go figure…

NTarrant
    Participant

I have probably been lucky in that the seats I have chosen or been allocated on booking, including row 1 in CE, have remained unchanged with a few exceptions. Have had 1A on a A319 for the it to bechanged to a B737 which has no 1A. I have had seat changed on a B777 to DXB when a colleague and I moved our seats to be next to each other only to find later that we had both been moved to different sides on the plane with me in row 10 and he in 15. A call to BA sorted it out.

I have to agree with Binman in that if they do change seats then an email should be sent, its then up to the individual to either accept or reject what has been given

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Binman, did you notice who was in row 1?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 120 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls