Anyone entering the UK will be required to take a PCR test…

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 136 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

The HK governments quarantine policy is very far from the ‘bloody minded’ one mentioned and referenced above and it would be indeed extraordinary if it were.

It will not have escaped most that the purpose of the policy is based on the need to get the border with mainland China opened ASAP as is desperately needed here.
    It seems that this will happen in a limited way on the 10 December and of course lead to the further quarantine relaxation and opening up of HK if all progresses well with this first step.

TominScotland
    Participant

Pat Jordan – in relation to requirements to enter Ireland, it is worth stressing that this must be what the Irish Government describe as a negative ‘professional antigen test’, ie. not one that you do at home and the test must be certified for checking on departure. I have seen them on offer here for £29.

PatJordan
    Participant

Tom,

by any chance do you have a link for this testing please.

Many yhanks,

Pat

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hi Pat,

here it is

Heathrow T5

You can read more here

How to get a Day 2 PCR test at Heathrow Airport

2 users thanked author for this post.

PatJordan
    Participant

Thanks Tom, but at the risk of sounding ungrateful, I’m flying from LCY. Does HALO have a service there?

TominScotland
    Participant

Pat – The company offering them near to us is Medicspot (https://www.medicspot.co.uk/covid-test/london) who appear to also have many outlets in London. As you only require the professional lateral flow test for Ireland, they seem a good option. I have not used them but Mrs TiS is going to Dublin in a week or so and we plan to use them.

1 user thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

“Note that the government has put a qualifying test into the requirements, and at present, the rapid PCR test from many providers does not qualify.” From the BT piece above…

How do I find out whether the Randox PCR test kit, I intend taking with me to BKK next week remains valid for the current day 0-2 PCR test when I return home. Presume I will only find out 48 hours prior when I enter the code on my PLF.

Of course there is always hope the review in 2 weeks time will return the testing to the later flow…

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Sorry about that, Patrick.

Martyn – I think it will be valid. It’s the rapid tests that are having validity problems. I’m sure the code will work on the PLF, and I suppose if it doesn’t – then you’ll have to purchase yet another ! (Someone is getting rich…)

The Competition and Markets Authority is supposed to be looking into the pricing of these tests… meanwhile, we wait…

PatJordan
    Participant

Tom Otley & Tom in Scotland, thank you both for your info.

The Irish Government has deferred the testing requirement until Sunday morning, and possibly Monday morning. Rumours are that the necessary legal regulations are not ready for signing. There are several reports in the media about people who took the time and trouble to take the test only to find it wasn’t needed today.

Only time will tell whether Mrs J & I will need to take a test next week!

Stay safe everybody.

Pat

2 users thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=1126619]

I did a lateral flow test at LCY before a flight to Lux a few months back. Collinson were the provider.

JAZ
    Participant

Hi Tom

Can a Day 0-2 Arrival PCR test be used as a Pre-departure Covid test? I’m arriving in London on 12 Dec but have to leave for USA the next day 13 Dec.

The new USA requirement which will kick-off on Mon 06 Dec at 12.01 am Easter time : –
    New rules requiring international air travelers arriving in the United States to obtain a negative COVID-19 test within one day of travel will take effect Monday at 12:01 a.m. ET (0501 GMT).

All air travelers, regardless of citizenship or vaccination status, will be required to show a negative pre-departure COVID-19 viral test taken the day before they board their flight to the United States.”

Pls advise. Thanks so much!

Polly
    Participant

Jaz,

They are different tests, unfortunately. You will have to book any type of cheapo day 2 arrival test online to obtain a PLF no, to allow you to board the plane to the U.K. but probably ignore that test.

More importantly you will need to track down the 3 hour express test that Halo, at the Sofitel at Terminal 5 LHR offer, at £59. Tom has done a good article on this too. You must check if they will give you a fit to fly certificate though. Phone them first.

If not

Book the 3 hour departure fit to fly PCR at Express test T2 and T5. Costs £118, results emailed back to you within 3 hrs. We did this, v v efficient. Ph nos on their sites.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

I used a Medicspot antigen test when I flew to the US last month and will do again this month.
    You can buy online, they’ll post to your UK address, you can book a supervised online appointment (for 12th Dec but can book the appointment as soon as you’ve purchased) and should get results and signed letter the same day.
    Possibly a couple more hoops to jump through than Express Test at LHR, but a fraction of the cost at £29.

Polly
    Participant

Alan, Jaz,

The problem for Jaz is he is immediately leaving for the US the next day, so he can’t benefit from the test you use.

Jaz, there is an option to tick the IN TRANSIT option on your PLF, if you are departing the U.K. within 24 hours. You are allowed to leave the airport, travel to another airport, leave by sea or air. That exempts you from taking the day 0-2 PCR currently required. Just google gov link.

Obviously your priority is the fit to fly PCR cert that the USA requires now within 24 hrs or 1 day, of departure. That leaves you with little choice other than to aim for the 3 hr express test, several companies run them. I only mentioned express test as we used them successfully at T2 LHR before our VTL to Singapore. It required a result 48 hrs before departure, which was also quite tight. Collinson also offer them. Pricey, around £120 per hit. People are missing flights if tests are not back. There are codicils in small print, that timing is NOT guaranteed! Boots are in trouble for this kind of promise. Randox have also been told to update their t and c. Good luck.

JAZ
    Participant

Hi Polly, thanks for the detailed information. The problem is I will arrive at 7.10 am UK on 12 Dec (Sun) and I have a business dinner on Sun at 6.30 pm. I’m leaving for USA on Mon 13 Dec at 4 pm UK time. It’s more than 24 hours in UK. I read somewhere there one person that booked Halo. The website stated results out within 4 to 5 hours. But when he got the email confirmation, it stated is within 24 hours. So I’m hesitate whether I should book. One thing very funny about this Halo website. It only ask for arrival time but not the appointment time which is weird.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 136 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls