Anyone entering the UK will be required to take a PCR test…

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 136 total)

• PatJordan
    Participant

The Irish Government has (only last night) decreed that all passengers entering Ireland must provide a negative antigen test result. This applies to pax arriving from the UK, even though Mrs J and I do not need any test to enter the UK from Ireland.

I’m sure there is logic somewhere in this, not quite sure where exactly it is hiding !!

I have emailed the company carrying out the tests in LCY, has anybody used them?

Pat

1 user thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=1122782]The Irish Government has (only last night) decreed that all passengers entering Ireland must provide a negative antigen test result. This applies to pax arriving from the UK, even though Mrs J and I do not need any test to enter the UK from Ireland.

I’m sure there is logic somewhere in this, not quite sure where exactly it is hiding !![/quote]

Same logic Pat that decrees HKG arrivals can walk (or could) walk straight into the UK, but arrivals into HKG from UK need a 21 day washout(sometimes) plus now 7 days in a Government Covid prison camp plus 14 days in strict hotel quarantine plus 7 further days self isolation.

Different countries, different medics, different scientists different interpretations, different rules!

2 users thanked author for this post.

K1ngston
    Participant

Martyn, there is no rhyme or reason for the HKG authorities stance other than pure bloody mindlessness, I could say a lot more but certainly dont want to offend anyone, you have to stop looking at the differences and actually if I am honest I applaud the UK stance, yes its painful (and expensive) with all the tests but at least we can get back to travel… What they are doing in HKG is madness and will truly hurt them as a business hub in the future!

5 users thanked author for this post.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

[postquote quote=1123204]

….and how much of this approach is politically motivated?

K1ngston
    Participant

Who’s approach, mine or theirs? For the record, this is my point of view and nobody else’s and certainly not politically motivated, borne out of common sense one might say 🙂

Chris in Makati
    Participant

Just book an onward flight to any international destination and declare yourself as a transit passenger on your Passenger Locator Form. There’s no need for self-isolation or a PCR test then.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

I am planning to use the Pyser Lab which is at the Haymarket Hotel, close to Piccadilly Circus. We have first set of tests on Saturday morning, then further tests the following Saturday and then the Wednesday after that to meet all the pre and post flight requirements. I will provide feedback afterwards to let you know if I recommend or not, but obviously interested if anyone has any previous experience.

The online booking process was a bit laborious but it worked and their email response time was good. cost is 75 GBP per test, hopefully with same day results.

JAZ
    Participant

Hi Tom, Good Day, I would like to seek your expert advice : –

I’m a US citizen, fully vaccinated in US and will be travelling from Singapore to London mid of Dec.

1) Do I need to take a pre-departure Covid PCR test before arriving in London?
    2) I saw in the website Halo at T5 has Airport has RT-PCR Test at GBP 59. Is this test accepted by UK govt. Is this the Arrival Day 0-2 PCR test? It is stated in the website the test taken between 8 am to 6 pm are scheduled for delivery within 5 hours. I will arrive at 7.30 am. After clearing custom, if I take the test at around 9 am does it means the result will be emailed to me by latest 2 pm?

Thanks!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Hello to you too.

1. No, not at the moment – though this might change – SAGE and the opposition party are pushing for pre-departre testing (again)
    https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/covid-travel-rules-labour-government-introduce-pre-departure-testing-uk-arrivals-1328948

2. Yes, all of what you say is correct (according to Halo – I haven’t used its service).
    Thank you, Tom

Polly
    Participant

Hi there,

Yes Halo are doing the 3 hr PCR day 0-2 arrival. Several people have booked up, and got results by 3 hrs. We have booked ours x 2 for next week also arriving in from Singapore. Good luck. Know it’s soooo confusing atm for travellers.

JAZ
    Participant

Hi Polly

would you mind sharing the link to book the 3 hours on arrival 0-2 PCR test.
    thanks!

Polly
    Participant

It’s Halo at the Novotel direct access from Terminal 5 LHR. It’s compliant with the new day 2 gov standards, and is a 3 hr turnaround or slightly less if lucky. £69

ASK1945
    Participant

[quote quote=1125115]It’s Halo at the Novotel direct access from Terminal 5 LHR.[/quote]

I think you will find it’s the Sofitel, not Novotel.

Polly
    Participant

So sorry, yes of course it’s Sofitel..it’s late here in Singapore…

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

[postquote quote=1124022]

My comment on political motivation was directed at the HKG authorities

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 136 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls