Another lovely enhancement from BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 537 total)

• Cheeryguy
    Participant

@mkcol74 Thanks for that. It did work.

SimonS1
    Participant

@TominScotland – humorous post but I haven’t a clue how it has anything to do with the thread. Did you try and book an exit row seat? What happened?

Irons80
    Participant

I think it’s been an IT Issue – I had previously been unable to select an exit row seat on a ET redemption booking I’d made on Friday… I have just tried now and it worked fine and I have been able to select an exit row seat

TominScotland
    Participant

SimonS1

My post was badly worded. Yes, I did on my GVA flights – no problems there 11D captured on both legs

ba747fan1
    Participant

Still blocked on my UK domestic flights.

Hermes1964
    Participant

Are the exit rows on BA A319/320s any more generous post refurbishment? I thought all rows were now the same?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

BusinessTraveller – 08/02/2016 07:51 GMT

Excellent that you are trying to get a response – good luck with that.

It will be interesting to see if it is:

1) a change of policy

or

2) an embarrassing IT mess up

Cheeryguy
    Participant

I asked BA via DM on Twitter. Their reply.

No policy, glitch in system, apologies.

Any further problems told to contact them via Twitter directly.

So storm in teacup.

rferguson
    Participant

Thanks Cheeryguy, great to hear. 🙂

Andrew66
    Participant

So it turns out to be a ” storm in a teacup ” How very British !! Or how very London and South Eastern 🙂

FDOS_UK
    Participant

I’m not so sure.

From what I am hearing, gold card holders are now finding that they can access exit rows once more, but I don’t have the same response from silver card holders. I have a feeling that this is a change in policy for silver card holders.

I can’t regard this as a ‘storm in a teacup’, to mess up like this in the IT production environment is a faux pas IMPO.

An equivalent would be your bank not allowing you to withdraw cash for 48 hours – not unknown, but gash and not career enhancing for those responsible.

Cheeryguy
    Participant

@Andrew66
    I’m a Scot, however I do like a good turn of phrase.

MrMichael
    Participant

FDOS, I must say I think you are being rather unmagnanimous now. You started this thread with a sarcastic “Another lovely enhancement from BA” and then described how it was to with BA withdrawing the ability of Gold/Silvers to book exit row seats. It now transpires that it was in all likelihood a computer error of some type. So now you compare the ability to book a seat of choice as a similar catastrophe to not being able to withdraw money from ones bank for 48 hours. Really? Are you aware that such things as being unable to access a bank account for 48 hours can ruin people’s entire travel plans, means they cannot get from a to b when they need to, perhaps to see someone in hospital that is very ill, to travel to work, to travel to get work, to get food for the children, pay a bill, and so the list could go on and on. You cannot compare the two. Rightly when the banks mess up like this questions are asked in our Parliament and rightly so, our whole economic wellbeing depends on a dependable banking system. Not being able to stretch your legs out for a few hours might well be uncomfortable and inconvenient, but nobody will starve, nobody will be sat in the dark in the cold because they could not top up their electric meter……FDOS……your wrong, have the decency to admit that your joy at a possible faux pas by BA has clouded your judgement. Get a ruddy life man for gods sake, see how real people live in this world and do not dare compare vulnerable people struggling to get some heat in their home with a Gold wanting an exit seat.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

MrMichael – 08/02/2016 18:33 GMT

When I wrote that holding a shiny card no longer allows the booking of exit seats, it was true.

Now it appears that the option has been restored for GCH, but not SCH.

The comparison with a bank was in the clearly stated context of a mess up in the IT production environment and the non-availability of functionality (although it is not clear if it is a policy change for SCH.)

I note that BT have not published a reply for BA, yet – that will be interesting, if it arrives.

I think you need to have a cup of tea and calm down.

Henryp1
    Participant

One of the saddest posters here.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 537 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls