Air France emergency landing

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 103 total)

• Anonymous

767prisoner
    Participant

link to Guradian article describing AF emergency landing in the Azores.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/mar/06/air-france-passengers-plane

RichHI1
    Participant

Good old airbus.. A343

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Another AF incident with the crew in seeming disarray.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

According to the article, ‘Two hours into the flight the plane rapidly diverted, turning back to the nearest landing point available.’

As Laejes is some 1626 miles distant from CDG, it must have been a Concorde operating the flight, to average a ground speed of over 830mph.

Usually high quality reporting 🙁

RichHI1
    Participant

DoS what do you want? Journalism or facts? 🙂

TheMidasGold
    Participant

Another good reason not to fly with AF – dreadful safety record!

RichHI1
    Participant

Yes, no doubt BEA will blame the azores for being there….

Binman62
    Participant

The passenger interviewed on BBC news spoke of screaming and panic among the crew and passengers. Must have been awful.
    He then went on to say that the crew on arrival then claimed not to speak english as they were a French airline. That is pretty shocking if true.
    Air France statement says there was no panic on board……..seems they have learned little from previous incidents and catastrophe.

Perhaps best avoided.

christopheL
    Participant

“He then went on to say that the crew on arrival then claimed not to speak english as they were a French airline”

christopheL
    Participant

As a French traveller, I’m always chocked by the basic anti-French comments we can read here and there.

Well handled by the pilots!

Ladies and gents on this lovely forum, please check avherald.com regularly and see for yourself what happens from day to day with regards to aviation incidents and accidents. Indeed, this was an incident, but not an uncommon one besides that it concerned the LCR. In my opinion one could question whether Air France’s statements on this and other incidents are professional. In my view they are wrestling with this since the AF447 accident.

Rgrds,

ICF

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Christophe, I don’t think we’re anti-French. Just anti Air France. A big difference I think.

Fact is, of the major legacy carriers, AF seems to have had more of its fair share of serious accidents and incidents. It does cause one to wonder?

Bucksnet
    Participant

AF447 was not an accident! I’m not defending Air France as such, but flight 447 should be stricken from their accident record.

christopheL
    Participant

LuganoPirate,
    My post was not relating to the members of this forum but to the journalist who is able to report that “the crew on arrival then claimed not to speak english as they were a French airline”.
    As we say in French : “si c’est vrai, je veux bien me faire curé” (if this is true, I’m OK to become a parish priest).
    I could have read such a statemetn in a tabloid. I’m very surprised to hear it on BBC.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 103 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls