British Airways has announced plans to serve two new destinations from Edinburgh airport next summer.
The carrier will offer twice weekly flights to San Sebastian and a weekly service to Olbia in Sardinia, under its BA Cityflyer subsidiary.
The San Sebastian route will operate on Tuesdays and Saturdays between 25 May and 30 July, 2024, with the following schedules:
- BA2919 departs Edinburgh at 1040, arriving into San Sebastian at 1405
- BA2920 departs San Sebastian at 1450, arriving into Edinburgh at 1620
- BA2919 departs Edinburgh at 1700, arriving into San Sebastian at 2025
- BA2920 departs San Sebastian at 2110, arriving into Edinburgh at 2240
Meanwhile the Olbia route will operate on Saturdays between 25 May and 10 August, 2024, as follows:
- BA2332 departs Edinburgh at 0700, arriving into Olbia at 1100
- BA2330 departs Olbia at 1145, arriving into Edinburgh at 1350
Both routes will be served by 98-seat Embraer 190 aircraft with Club Europe and Euro Traveller cabins.
In recent years British Airways has been using London City-based BA Cityflyer aircraft on regional routes during their enforced downtime when LCY closes operations between 1300 on Saturday and 1100 on Sunday.
The carrier already offers seasonal routes from Edinburgh to destinations including Chambéry, Florence and Palma de Mallorca, as well as from Southampton to Bergerac, Chambéry, Faro, Málaga and Palma de Mallorca.
The new routes will complement BA’s seasonal flights between London City and San Sebastian, and from London Heathrow to Olbia.