Hyatt plans to open 20 new hotels in the Latin America and Caribbean region through 2024.
The expansion will be focused on the group’s luxury, lifestyle and resort brands, owing to the leisure travel demand.
Highlighted openings include the first Park Hyatt hotel in Mexico in 2024 (Park Hyatt Los Cabos and Residences) and the first Andaz hotel in Mexico City (Andaz Mexico City Condesa) this autumn.
Camilo Bolanos, senior vice president of development, Latin America and the Caribbean, Hyatt, commented:
“Latin America and the Caribbean are top leisure destinations for global travelers, and we continue to grow Hyatt’s brand presence in this important region to offer unique experiences to high-end travelers in new markets and sought-after destinations.
“These exciting new hotels and resorts across Hyatt’s portfolio of upscale hotel brands reinforce our commitment to thoughtfully growing in key markets that matter to our guests, World of Hyatt loyalty members and customers.”
The hotel group also announced that it expects a nearly 20 per cent expansion of its recently launched Inclusive Collection by the end of 2024, owing to its acquisition of the Apple Leisure Group. This equates to ten new resorts in the region within the next two years.
Javier Coll, group president of Global Business Development and Innovation at Apple Leisure Group, added:
“The Inclusive Collection’s expansion in Latin America and the Caribbean brings one of the world’s largest regional portfolios of luxury all-inclusive resorts to global travelers seeking seamless, world-class experiences.
“Whether celebrating life’s big moments, looking for quality family time or an extra measure of romance at a breathtaking destination, the Inclusive Collection’s new and existing properties offer unforgettable experiences for everyone and every stay occasion.”
For a full list of the new openings, see below:
- Andaz Mexico City Condesa (autumn 2022): The 213-room hotel is located in Mexico City’s historic Condesa neighbourhood and has state-of-the-art meeting and event facilities. It marks the first urban Andaz property in Mexico and the second Andaz hotel in Mexico.
- Thompson Monterrey, Mexico (2024): This 150-room hotel, part of the new mixed-use complex Torre IKON, will be the first Thompson Hotel in Mexico’s state of Nuevo Leon.
- Hyatt House Monterrey Valle/San Pedro and Hyatt Place Monterrey Valle (autumn 2022): This dual-branded development will be the first Hyatt hotels in Monterrey, Mexico, and will include the room key in Apple Wallet feature.
- Hyatt Regency Mexico City Insurgentes (late 2022): Situated on the Insurgentes Avenue, and steps away from the World Trade Center Mexico City, this 201-room hotel will include several venues for meetings and events, conferences and celebrations.
- Grand Hyatt Cancun Beach Resort, Mexico (2024): This resort is situated in the eastern part of the Yucatan Peninsula with expansive views overlooking the Caribbean Sea and nearby Isla Mujeres.
- Park Hyatt Los Cabos and Residences, Mexico (2023): This will mark the first Park Hyatt hotel in Mexico and will feature a master-planned golf resort that stretches along two miles of beach in Cabo del Sol – Los Cabos, Baja California Sur.
- Park Hyatt Mexico City (2024): The 155-room hotel will be located on Campos Eliseos Street overlooking Chapultepec Park.
- NUMU, Mexico (early 2023): This 44-room hotel in San Miguel de Allende is part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt and will have three onsite dining options and the new room key in Apple Wallet feature.
- Rancho Pescadero, Mexico (late 2022): This 30-acre property near Todos Santos is also part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt and will focus on wellness, sustainability, culinary and community-driven experiences.
- Dreams Cozumel Cape Resort and Spa, Mexico (autumn 2022): This family resort is located on the island of Cozumel and will be well-situated for scuba diving and snorkelling.
- Dreams Flora Resort and Spa, Dominican Republic (late 2022): Located on a beach in Cabeza de Toro, Punta Cana, this property will feature 520 rooms, each with a private terrace or balcony offering ocean, garden and pool views.
- Dreams Estrella del Mar Mazatlan Golf and Spa Resort, Mexico (2023): Located within Estrella del Mar, a private gated golf and residential community stretching over 900 acres, this resort is situated on 3.5 miles of beachfront.
- Hyatt Zilara Riviera Maya, Mexico (late 2022): This all-inclusive adult property will offer 291-suites with modern decor, sitting alongside a long stretch of white sand beach.
- Secrets Impression Moxche, Mexico (autumn 2022): This all-suite, boutique resort will include experiences such as dedicated in-room butlers.
- Secrets Impression Isla Mujeres, Mexico (late 2022): Built into the natural landscape of Isla Mujeres, this adults-only resort will feature exclusive experiences tailored to preference, butler service and curated gastronomy.
- Secrets St. Lucia Resort and Spa (2023): This adults-only resort will offer views of mountains, volcanic beaches, reef-diving sites and fishing villages.
- Secrets Tides Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (autumn 2023): This adults-only resort will provide guests with an intimate hideaway surrounded by foliage, modern architecture and stunning views.
- Secrets Tulum Resort and Beach Club, Mexico (summer 2023): Located in the town of Tulum within the Aldea Zama Complex, this property will feature design by award-winning architect Michael Edmonds.
- Zoetry Marigot Bay St. Lucia (late 2022): This resort is located on the island’s marina, Marigot Bay, and will offer easy access to St. Lucia’s top attractions like the nearby Pitons.