In compliance with the Indian government’s regulations for lockdown 3.0, Uber and Ola have announced that they will resume services in Covid-19 orange and green zones, starting today. The ride-hailing platforms had suspended their operations in March this year.
Safety measures to follow during, before and after the ride:
- Wash hands or use a sanitiser before and after every ride.
- Mandatory to wear a face mask/ covering during an Uber ride.
- You can either open the windows for ventilation or ask your driver to switch on the AC in the fresh air mode only.
- Whenever possible, use digital payments.
- Handle your personal luggage and belongings yourself.
Ola, under its ‘ten steps to a safer ride’ initiative has also prescribed precautionary measures for driver-partners:
- Vehicles will not operate in government identified red or containment zones.
- Driver-partners are required to wear masks and need to authenticate this before the start of every ride by sharing a selfie through their partner app.
- They will be provided with masks, sanitisers and disinfectants and can avail these at all walk-in centres across their cities.
- Common surfaces like the handle, inner handle and seat to be cleaned before every ride.
- Drivers and customers can cancel a ride if the other person is not wearing a mask.