Marriott International is bolstering its presence within the Asia-Pacific market with the hotel giant expected to open eight new luxury properties under its JW Marriott, The Ritz-Carlton, St Regis and The Luxury Collection brands across the region by the end of this year.
The group’s remaining pipeline for 2019 follows the notable opening of the St Regis Hong Kong, Marriott’s 7,000th hotel, earlier this year.
Marriott’s pipeline for 2019 includes the following upcoming openings:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Xi’an – opening June
- Na Lotus Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Nanning – opening June
- ITC Royal Bengal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Kolkata – opening June
- JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Shanghai Pudong – opening August
- JW Marriott Maldives Resort and Spa – opening August
- The Ritz-Carlton, Pune – opening September
- The Ritz-Carlton, Perth – opening October
- The Ritz-Carlton, Nanjing – opening October
These eight properties will join five other openings in Asia-Pacific earlier this year:
- JW Marriott Hotel Sanya Dadonghai Bay – opened January
- Iraph Sui, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Miyako Okinawa – opened January
- JW Marriott Hotel Harbin River North – opened January
- The St Regis Hong Kong – opened April
- JW Marriott Hotel Qufu – opened May
Marriott is far from being the only hotel group with significant expansion plans across Asia-Pacific over the coming years.
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, for instance, has 21 upcoming properties across Asia-Pacific and the Middle East in its pipeline, all of which are expected to open by the end of 2020.