Watching a full-on DYKWIA rant yesterday

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 94 total)

• DavidGordon10
    Participant

MrMichael – an absolutely typical Queen of Denmark story. She is genuinely loved by most of Denmark because she is simply a good person who is very good at her job.

OneA
    Participant

Yes I recall, I think, that this was when we at a previous terrorist “red alert”. It does mean being called to board earlier and sitting on the plane for even longer…..waiting and waiting …..and….. etc etc
    Not so easy to load the luggage bins from this start either.

KarlMarx
    Participant

rferguson – 29/11/2014 17:48 GMT

I hope you are right about people weeding out the wheat from the chaff when reading celeb tweets, but sadly am not sure if it is the case. A high profile company like BA has to assume it isn’t, I think and to respond accordingly. Agreed, 6 million followers doesn’t make someone right, but it is a potentially very fast way to take brand damage.

I was amused to read Will.i.am’s complaint, as he is far from the first person to be confused between the US lounge rights of international first class (provided) and domestic first class (only available as a paid subscription), because one of my colleagues discovered exactly the same thing when taking a domestic flight – she was even more surprised to then be admitted on the basis of her BA gold card.

On the subject of the young actress (17 years old), I saw that and felt it was an own goal by BA, since she appeared to be travelling on a revenue ticket and lounge access is part of the product. It does not seem beyond the wit of mankind to find some way to accommodate her under adult supervision in one of the lounges and given that she is well known due to appearing on a hugely successful TV series, it was probably not a great idea to have her stuck out in the main terminal, where she might be recognised and feel uncomfortable. To her credit, she did not overblow the incident and claim to have suffered, just demonstrated the (understandable) frustration of a ‘nearly’ adult, counting the last few months being 18.

Schaible
    Participant

Haha, that shows us: “you get what you pay for”. And very obviously she is not such a big shot otherwise she (or someone else) would have purchased a business class ticket. It is sometimes worrying how many failed wanna-be stars get their business class tickets even paid by some trash TV companies etc.

SimonS1
    Participant

err…she did!!

That’s why the first paragraph of the article refers to the “policy of not allowing lone under-18 business class travellers into the premium area”

Her point was just that – she didn’t get what she paid for.

It is sometimes worrying how many people on here can’t read.

Schaible
    Participant

@SimonS1:

Once you move up to the discussion you will find clearly written in the comment that this wanna-be person has requested a FREE upgrade:

“Departing Dubai yesterday I saw and enjoyed a full on, shouting “Do You Know Who I Am ?” from some ‘celebrity’ who was refused a free upgrade to Business. I recognised the individual as a Belgian TV presenter whose highest profile days are behind her (think Anthena Turner in UK terms)….”

This comment has nothing to do with any sort of restricting minors to business class facilities! That’s a different story!

Indeed worrying how many people here cannot read.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Schaible, I think Simon was referring to the Maisie Williams story.

Schaible
    Participant

LuganoPirate, maybe he does. However:

1. The Maisie Williams story is not related to the original discussion.

2. SimonS1’s reply a la “worrying how many people cannot read” is inappropriate. It is surely not my problem that he and others drifted away from the original topic which I was focusing on.

I would rather suggest him to remove his comment showing everybody that he did not read the post of the starter of this discussion and on top of that mistakenly blaming others for being wrong.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Schaible (of 6 posts) we are a very friendly bunch on here.. would like to keep it that way…

Threads do drift sometimes; it makes it more interesting….

SimonS1
    Participant

As others have noted the discussion had moved on by then and we were talking about Maisie Williams not the original rant of 4 pages ago. Do keep up.

In any case why is it worrying if an employer buys the employee or artist a business class air ticket? What business is it of yours who pays for the ticket?

Charles-P
    Participant

SimonS1
    Participant

Tara Palmer-Tompkinson. I didn’t think you could go beyond Z list when talking about celebs.

esselle
    Participant

What is more embarassing, being arrested for having a tantrum, or people knowing you have hair extensions?

Charles-P
    Participant

“What is more embarrassing” ?

Having to return the following day to get on your flight after all you did the day before

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 94 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls