Watching a full-on DYKWIA rant yesterday

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)

• esselle
    Participant

Charles-P

As in Groundhog Day…………………….

LuganoPirate
    Participant

She had a business class ticket. Surely she knew that did not entitle her to use the First Class lounge? And IF she’s so important, why did she not use the VIP lounge! Or wasn’t she invited?

jsn55
    Participant

Wow, 8 police officers to arrest one skinny little quasi-socialite? This woman should be supervised when out.

Gold-2K
    Participant

The family home is in Hampshire in the village of “Dummer” ….. a very appropriate name :-). Close neighbours of the Fergusons who co-incidentally also have a Z(minus) celeb known to be “challenging” to our friends at BA. Perhaps they share notes at christmas parties on who can be the biggest Diva.

An old neighbour of mine used to work in a large Chelsea department store and had to deal with some faded celeb who actually used the “DYKWIA” line. Her response was priceless “madam, I have no idea who you are but I am rapidly forming a very strong opinion of what you are!!” ……….. Exit faded celeb never to be seen again 🙂

BigDog.
    Participant

This one by 20yo Conrad Hilton jr appears to be the worst thus far. If true, one hopes that his connections and excuses do not prevent a term in prison.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11388851/Conrad-Hilton-called-passengers-peasants-in-BA-flight-rage.html

…He allegedly said: “I could get you all fired in five minutes. I know your boss. My father will pay this out. He has done it before. Dad paid $300,000 last time.” ….

…”Hilton family sources told TMZ he had checked into a 30-day drug and alcohol rehabilitation course shortly after the flight”….

http://www.inquisitr.com/1812359/paris-hiltons-brother-threatened-to-kill-and-bury-british-airways-flight-crew-face-20-year-prison-sentence/

JohnHarper
    Participant

Well let’s hope young Hilton gets his just desserts, this incident makes ‘Nut Rage’ pale into insignificance and look where that got her.

BigDog.
    Participant

The incident happened over 6 months ago – am stunned given the plethora of recording devices and information channels that it was kept out of the news/chatrooms/networks for so long.

What influence has been brought to bear?

dutchyankee
    Participant

DELETED BY MODERATOR

BigDog.
    Participant

Yes dutchyankee, bought to bear would certainly be more apt/likely in this inst.

Charles-P
    Participant

I remember when the sister was jailed a couple of years ago for drugs offences. In the subsequent press conference she complained she was treated “like a criminal”. The judge later pointed out that is exactly what she was.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ Charles-P – 05/02/2015 11:30 GMT

+1 Very droll! The evident lack of irony and self-awareness by these Z-listers speaks volumes.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

The nut lady has been sentenced to a year’s jail.

Ekond222
    Participant

….Would have been 3 days if it had been soup….

canucklad
    Participant

I’ve just commented in the BT news section about AC’s equivalent of steerage class, and got me thinking….
    Rather than send the perfectionist Heather Cho to prison for 12 months , she should be given the choice…..Go to prison for the duration or be sentenced…..
    To enduring AC’s 777 ten across cabin service along with the other 400 poor souls, continually back and forth across the Pacific for a month.

JohnHarper
    Participant

IMO the Korean sentence was too lenient! The full three years would have been appropriate.

Let’s now hope a US court has the bottle to sentence Hilton appropriately for his behaviour.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls