The Happy Lemon

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

I concur!

The jumper looks happy, but might well not be cashmere. Perhaps they’d be better off on Easyjet.

An interesting fact: the detritus cleared up in the tube in East london is mainly polyester, in West London, mainly natural fibre!

Bath_VIP
    Participant

Just seen the ad on channel 5. For an ad with no action or clues, you’d think they would put subtitles on it for deaf and hard of hearing people like myself. I know only about half the ads on TV are subtitled but this is one that should have been. Consequently I haven’t got a clue what it was about.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Commercial television, Bath_VIP?!!

And we had such high hopes…. 😉

Binman62
    Participant

the happy lemon, the happy jumper and now the relaxed trainer!

http://www.liste-noire.org/compagnies-aeriennes/british-airways/videos/7970/europe-with-british-airways-the-relaxed-trainer-to-fly-to-serve/

Can’t say I am impressed but then I am way to practical, so I just see, smelly foot odour wafting around he cabin.

Given the flight time to AMS can you really kick you shoes off and relax. I seem to be longer taxiing around LHR when I go to Ams than actually flying.

Deleted_User
    Participant

‘Fabulousness’

a new word for me.

bacrew1
    Participant

“If I wanted a gin and tonic out of a plastic tumbler I suppose I would think that BA was the place to get it however I prefer mine out of a real glass!”

eh Henkel??
    Perhaps I’m stating the obvious….. but obviously depends which cabin you are sat !?!?
    Are there many carriers out there that use glass glasses in their Economy?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I see Ryanair just posted a 10% rise in profits – even with plastic glasses. Can’t understand why people put up with them. Self flagellation comes to mind here!

Bruce98
    Participant

“Can’t understand why people put up with them. Self flagellation comes to mind here!”

They understand their narrow market segment very well and their cost leadership positioning allows use price elasticity to fill their aircraft.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The use of the plastic tumbler is an honest representation of the economy product.

Do other airlines dispense drinks in proper glasses in economy?

SimonS1
    Participant

More to do with the logistics of serving hundreds of people with glasses and the fact that it’s easier to collect/bin/recycle plastic ones.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

The current Easyjet V Ryanair thread prompted me to do a comparison between the two in terms of flights from Bristol. Whilst doing so, I came across this press release on the Ryanair site.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-launches-new-onboard-menu

I can’t help but think they are having a dig at the recent BA ads here. Either that or they are setting people up for the day when they start to charge people for plastic tumblers!

TominScotland
    Participant

Thanks for pointing this one out, Bath_VIP

It is absolutely brilliant – its also great to see a business able to laugh at itself like this. Difficult to imagine our more pompous legacy carriers doing this – LX, LH, BA, AF? No. KL – just maybe?

No doubt the many Marie Antoinette’s who frequent this site (“Let them travel New First/ stay at The Savoy”) will strongly disapprove….

PS. Whenever I have bought food on Ryanair, its actually been very tasty….

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

That is a funny menu page.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Very funny. You have to give them credit for that!

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ Bath_VIP – 22/11/2012 12:09 GMT

“The Getaway Café is almost as tasty as our cabin crew!”

For a moment, it had me wondering whether O’Blarney had amended his cabin crew’s T&Cs to provide the kind of “extras” that Japanese businessmen assumed came with Virgin’s in-flight masseuse service en route to NRT. This facility had to be withdrawn rather quickly….

“Stuff made in a real kitchen”…

“There’s no extra charge to turn the page”….

“Tantalising chips (served with free box)”…

“Soft drinks and juices – (because the toilets are still free)”

By Sh*teair standards, it is very funny.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls