The Happy Lemon

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

BA has introduced a new campaign starring, amongst others, the “Happy Lemon”, setting out ways in which BA differentiates itself from the Low Service Carriers.

It’s good to see the fight back starting, shame it wasn’t done sooner….

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/News/MostEmailed/1155240/BA-looks-distance-itself-no-frills-airlines/

Shearer
    Participant

I completely agree. Even their excellent Ryanair/Easyjet comparitor is hidden on their website.

Bruce98
    Participant

With easyJet and others, one can pay for unbundled services and thus get better value than with legacy airlines.

Why do I want to subsidise everyone else’s luggage, if I only have hand luggage?

And why do I want to pay a fuel surcharge?

Now that easyJet have brought in allocated seating, I much prefer to fly them over BA from LGW and don’t buy into BA’s attempt to portray a second class service on old aircraft as something special.

BA need to up their act, get rid of the geriatric fleet and start to deliver some differentiation, instead of talking about it.

esselle
    Participant

There should never have been the need for a fight back. Years of complacency are now being followed by this twaddle.

Remember the old British Rail tag line, “We’re Getting There”?

The sympathy vote did not work for them either.

Shearer
    Participant

You never were subsidising others.
    That’s a line that Ryanair and easyJet peddled often enough to become accepted fact.

That’s why, for tonights flight from Gatwick to Glasgow, easyJet are charging £204.99 and BA are charging £203.40.

Take a case, easyJet will charge an extra £10, they are now £214.99.
    Pay by credit card and easyJet is now at £220.36.

Deleted_User
    Participant

With easyjet, if you pay using a Visa debit card there is a significant reduction.

Bruce98
    Participant

NIRScot

I’d rather pay £220 for easyJet, than £203 for BA.

The premium is justified, as far as I am concerned.

Shearer
    Participant

Fair enought: certainly the interior of easyJet’s planes are much better than BAs!

Bruce98
    Participant

Not just that, but if I arrive early for U2, they will put me onto the next flight is they have space available, that’s a big plus.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Actually, the Value Calculator is on the homepage, at the bottom:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/value-calculator/public/en_gb

If you like a snifter, and carry checked bags, BA is a clear winner.

Once you factor in lounge access (if eligible) and frequent flyer miles it’s a no brainer to choose BA.

Bruce98
    Participant

“Once you factor in lounge access (if eligible) and frequent flyer miles it’s a no brainer to choose BA.”

Not if you might finish early and appreciate a free change to the next U2 flight.

Of course, to some people, BA is always a no brainer.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

BA differentiating itself from Ryanair is a good one. Given that BA have the most dense seating of any carrier in F, eight across in C, food which is barely edible and Jekyll and Hyde crew I would have thought they had more in common than not.

Papillion53
    Participant

Is this “Let’s Bash BA Crew” Day today???????

Never mind “The Happy Lemon”, some of you sound like you could suck a bag of lemons!

Bruce98
    Participant

No need to suck a lemon on easyJet, just turn up earlier for your later flight and they will change you to the next one, FOC, if they have space. Great feature and puts a smile on your face 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls