The Happy Lemon

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

The dull single issue cabal of BigDog./Henkel.Trocken and Bruce98 have returned – it’s just the usual Friday afternoon anti-BA threads we used to have in the days of TetedeCuvee and others already forgotten, but who probably still post here under new handles.

Keep Calm and Carry On!

Bruce98
    Participant

Vintage Krug

Being pro easyJet is not the same as being anti BA.

Grow up and recognise that.

Papillion53
    Participant

And so the personal attacks start again …..

Never mind VK, as you say “Keep Calm and Carry On” – a cup of hot tea (with milk, not lemon 😉 ) and a scrumptious biccie from a beautiful F and M classy tin bought at T5 with our Amex Duty Free £10 off Voucher – aaaah.

Now who was it who reminded us of these vouchers – thanks VK!

VintageKrug
    Participant

😉

I’m really on the edge this afternoon, having enjoyed an early cuppa with a cheeky mince pie.

Now to the pub….!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Instead of winding each other up like a total bunch of lemons that you all are today (not you Papillion) and make more unfortunate people happy?

http://www.dreamflight.org

Papillion53
    Participant

Too much sugar VK!

Great link Miss BB – have a nice weekend all!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Thanks luvvy you too 🙂 xx

Binman62
    Participant

Not sure about happy lemons but BA.com is a lemon!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

KCCO VK? Do you also check out “The Chive” website as well?

Ryanair no way, not ever, not even for 2p return.

Easyjet I’ve never flown but am slowly warming to them if you can change flights FOC etc. They do have a great on time record as well.

Granted there’s no lounge access but when flying short hops I arrive at the last moment anyway. As for miles, it’s a valid point but in my case I book the cheapest fare short haul and get so few miles it’s anyway irrelevant to my overall total.

Have a great weekend one and all. I shall try and get round to posting a few photo’s of my elephant experiences on Twitter this weekend if anyones interested!

Papillion53
    Participant

Yes please Mr LP, would love to see the photos but please tell me how to access them!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks Papillion. Open an account with twitter. It’s free and very easy. User name, email and password. Then follow me: @luganopirate I try and have them up by tomorrow afternoon. Will also try Instagram!

Bruce98
    Participant

LuganoPirate

You might be pleasantly surprised if you try easyJet.

It’s nothing like Ryanair (which I agree is horrible), you get an allocated seat these days (can pay for emergency row if you wish, but normal U2 seats are perfectly ok for an hour or two.)

Service is buy on board, but the crew are usually professional, friendly and courteous.

All in all it is a very nice bus service that gets one from door to door with a minimum amount of pain. All on modern A319/320 equipment.

With the addition of a Priority Pass, the whole experience is good.

I genuinely prefer it to BA short haul these days.

If you are interested in the conditions around transferring to an earlier flight, follow the link below and see 9.1.5

http://www.easyjet.com/en/book/regulations.html

This is such a major differentiator for me, try that with a legacy airline on a non-flexible ticket.

IMHO the BA advert is stressing minor benefits, whereas this easyJet offer really means something to a business traveller. Being able to take an earlier flight home, for free, is simply humungous value add.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

My recent trip to Glasgow allowed me to do a direct comparison between BA and Easyjet. Links to my reviews are below but whilst I was happy with both, I was surprised that Easyjet came out ahead of BA in terms of seat legroom.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/British-Airways-B737-400-Euro-Traveller-6

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Easyjet-A319-Economy-10

SimonS1
    Participant

I must say from Gatwick, Easyjet is an enticing option when compared to the ancient 737s that BA use for domestic and short haul.

With allocated seats, another differentiating factor falls away.

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Has the introduction of allocated seating by easyJet reduced the chaos at the boarding gate? I don’t actually mind free seating on board, but the sheer rammy at the gate which it causes is just the pits. And the incessant pre-boarding announcements that boarding isn’t commencing just get on your wick, in fact even if flying with BA or Flybe from adjacent gates.

Agree that the transfer to an earlier flight (and presumably also a later one if you finish late) facility is useful. If only they had more than one flight a day.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls