The future of the Business Traveller forum

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 127 total)

• BigDog.
    Participant

I appreciate your wisdom Papillion.

I also fully trust your assertion about deleting (entire posts). I believe this was done by another.

It was catalyst though to just watch without posting for a few days and resulted in my 23/10/2012 10:10 GMT post here about manipulation.

Please continue to entertain and enlighten us with your trip reports whenever the opportunity arises.

BTW I love criticism just so long as it’s unqualified praise. 😉

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

“VintageKrug – 23/10/2012 10:19 GMT

It is also noticeable that things had become, generally, much more civilised in the past few months. I would draw to the attention of BTers that Henkel.Trocken did not post between 17 May and 21 September, almost exactly aligning with the lull.”

VintageKrug, you really must seek some treatment for your paranoia about me. Many posters will recall that I ceased to post in May after a particularly personal and vitriolic attack on me made by you just as you have done to (many) others over time. I decided to stop posting for a while as a result. Needless to say you also edited your post as you often do so it looked much more innocent than it was.

That others expose your nonsense in the same way as I have done on a number of occasions is because I am far from the only person here who sees through you and dislikes your patronising, condescending attitude to others and find that while you post a little useful information you also post a lot of ill informed nonsense promoting your pet subject. As you have been told before, you need to get out more and see what the competition offer and post on the basis of information rather than ill informed opinion.

I despair of any improvement in your behaviour and generally now, I do what you say you do which is simply ignore the nonsense you post however if you want to attack me I will ask BT to ban you from the forum. Too many people have gone as a result of your behaviour and bullying and the forum is a lot poorer because of it.

Take note, if you are capable.

HongKongLady
    Participant

A very good evening to you Papillion53, good to see you again too. MartynSinclair I agree, good humour is always a good thing.

Deleted_User
    Participant

Good evening HongKongLady

Very good to hear from you. Your posts always brought a smile to my face.

HongKongLady
    Participant

How lovely of you Simonhb, I have been keeping a low profile lately 🙂

MartynSinclair
    Participant

……………and now I realise why the Forum was a far more interesting and pleasant discussion board between the 17th May and 21st September.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Interesting, I’d never really had MartynSinclair on the list of VintageKrug’s little helpers; obviously I was wrong in thinking that he was a man of integrity.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

HT – the basis for your “connection” ??

dutchyankee
    Participant

HT I would never consider Martyn one of VK’s little helpers, rather a consummate realistic poster on this forum who always tries to remain on topic, and as far as I have witnessed, is always fair. Of course VK gets under some peoples skin, as he has to me, but likewise I have learned that alot of what VK says is just to get such reactions from you and others, so dont play that game. Like it or not, VK does have a lot of information to share, and some has been very helpful to me personally, other bits maybe less so but still amusing to read. That said, personal attacks should never be allowed.

BigDog.
    Participant

However Dutchyankee, if you factor in that this forum has lost many highly informed, very helpful and experienced posters due to the histrionics of the one, the forum has thus lost far more in both depth and breadth of knowledge, wisdom and balanced advice. In order to appease the one the forum is far, far worse off.

Should the forum continue to appease an individual who chooses to be loud and proud and stir things up by bullying and being offensively critical or demeaning?

IMO Unfortunately the loud and proud type thrive at being the centre of attention, they even refer to themselves in the third person! Being vein is ok but appeasing thread manipulation, deliberate agitation and bullying merely leads to an increase in the malfeasance and boorishness in order to gain attention.

Papillion53
    Participant

Honestly, what is the matter with some of you! I see BT has already deleted posts today due to personal comments!

Have you watched the news today? When some of you are bitching at one another, over sometimes nothing quite frankly, others are out there literally putting their lives on the line.

What really touched me today was the awarding of the PDSA’s Dickin Medal to Theo, a RAVC, Arms and Explosives search dog – posthumously! For outstanding gallantry and devotion to duty while deployed with 104 Military Working Dog (MWD) Squadron during conflict in Afghanistan. In fact it made me cry.

And many more, never mind all the brave men and women who have given their lives and suffered horrendous injuries.

Let’s all just stop, take a minute especially with the Poppy Appeal launching yesterday as has been already mentioned on this forum.

Good discussion and debate with opposing views is healthy and informative for all of us, but when it gets personal ……. 🙁

Going to make a cup of tea now …… 🙂

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Quite agree with you Papillion, well said.

Talking of Poppy’s I was the British Legions representative for the Ticino for several years. We had very good support there raising several thousand pounds each year thanks to the generosity of the British community and the local community, who though not engaged in the war nonetheless helped many a service man escape over the mountains and into neutral Switzerland, from where they would make their way back to Blighty using well developed routes.

I’m just enjoying my 4 o’clock tea now with a cigar, and as it’s so warm, an ice cream!!! How lucky we are indeed.

Cedric_Statherby
    Participant

One of the signature features of the BT Forums/Fora – no please don’t tell me which is right and which is wrong because it Really Doesn’t Matter – well, one of the OTHER features of these threads is the way they wander all over the place.

There are certain “centres of attraction” – about 50% of all threads, it seems to me (and that 50% is of course completely made up on the spot, like 90% of all other statistics one sees quoted) end up referring either to “BA, love them or hate them” or “Other posters, love them or hate them”. But in general, the wandering is the common theme – almost any thread over 3 pages long has drifted off topic.

Which, to remind us all from the opening post by BT, was the future of this forum. Indeed BT even said “We’ll keep you updated on progress, but in the meantime please bear with us – there are lot more of you than us, and we cannot always respond as quickly as we would like to threads, queries and emails.”

Would it be possible to ask where the process has got to, BT? If only to drag us back on topic?

NTarrant
    Participant

I have to agree with Dutchyankee about both VK and Martyn. I’m not sure why there is the obsession by a few that appear to be in withdrawal symptons over certain posters who no longer post.

It is quite some years I have been posting on here now and the number of posters that have been and gone is probably quite high. There are some new posters which have brought a breath of fresh air to proceedings.

I didn’t see the personal comments, but frankly this continuous attack on VK is getting rather boring. Get over him and move on

HongKongLady
    Participant

Oh dear have people said unkind things AGAIN, really rather tiresome. I do agree with Papillion there are so many more serious things to focus on.
    MartynSinclair Sorry I missed your compliment , thank you……oh I hope it was a compliment 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 127 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls