The future of the Business Traveller forum

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 127 total)
  • Hi DisgustedofSwieqi – the UK print edition of Business Traveller is indeed available for delivery to Malta.

Follow the link below, then choose Europe from the drop down menu.

http://www.panaceapublishing.com/newsagent/subsoffer/discount

If you’re having any problems with this, please do let me know.

CallMeIshmael
    Participant

Points well made.

I would also add that referencing information through links should be encouraged as it aids in providing rigor whilst BT benefits from the inceased number of links the higher BT will be on search engine results.

It is surprising how often this forum’s posts appear on the first page of google when it pertains to the subject in question.

In the end of the day BT needs to thrive by attracting business as well as posters. Links serve both these needs.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“If you’re having any problems with this, please do let me know.”

Nope, worked perfectly first time.

Now signed up for 3 years ๐Ÿ™‚ Currently Pleased of Swieqi.

Isabel07
    Participant

I strongly agree with CallMeIshmael about adding some “intelligence” to the vast amount of information and data that is being created in this forum. By intelligence I mean links, tags, a more sophisticated search engine etc.

I further sense in numerous notes above that people would like some “customization”, e.g. enhanced features and functionalities that cater for individual needs. Examples include privacy settings, notification preferences, accessibility on different platforms (mobile) etc.

Thirdly I would like to express a strong preference for “integration” as supposed to a stand-alone application / forum. Linkages to and from other sites and services should be made easier, and in particular within the BT domain. It also enhances the above-mentioned ranking in search results and potentially increases visibility outside the BT domain.

@ BT: I am interested to get involved and support from a Marketing / Product Development perspective please get in touch to discuss how my contribution could be beneficial.

VintageKrug
    Participant

One of the more interesting opportunities, given your worldwide reach, and specific regional sub-brands (e.g. BusinessTravellerAsia) would be to have language-specific forums, particularly in Cantonese and Spanish.

Itโ€™s also quite clear that people do have certain allegiances, largely caused by location, typical routes travelled; as a consequence it can be frustrating to have topics prominently discussed about a route or airline on which you rarely travel. Being able to tailor/group content within oneโ€™s specific area of interest would allow those people with a deeper interest in one airline/alliance/travel pattern to have regular information on that topic, at a level appropriate to their interest, while not being presented with other equally valuable content, but which is largely irrelevant to them.

mikeymrp
    Participant

Nothing much to add to the host of well thought out responses – only want to echo a point made by several before me.

I don’t get much mileage out of forums but this one is different – it is very convivial and you feel you are almost talking to old friends in a pub about items of mutual interest.

I hope this aspect remains a feature of any upgrade – as well as the ease of use and simple format – and what’s all this about coughing up GBP10?

Good health everybody and cheers – just going down the pub!

RichHI1
    Participant

Whatever works is fine with me. I would echo Becky’s call for an Iphone app though as it is not user friendly doing ti in brwoser on iphone.

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Best avoid using any company or individuals involved with developing the current SIA website ๐Ÿ˜‰

As several users have already pointed out please maintain the essence of the BT forum, you have a winner here when compared to Flyertalk, PPruNe – Clarity; Breadth of Subjects; eclectic mix of posters.

To ease the task of moderation maybe an objection flag would suffice – it would draw your attention straight to posts others have objected to, as opposed to checking all posts.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Great discussion. Thanks for sharing, BT.

I think pretty everything was said, content-wise. On the technical side,
    I’ve been using Yabb (http://www.yabbforum.com) elsewhere and it is pretty nice from a user perspective. That could be something you would like to have a look at.

Redjohn
    Participant

It’s a great forum, lots of very useful information in addition to plenty of humour. These things are essential in life these days so please keep it going!

Tim2soza
    Participant

If the right software is chosen for the forum threads (e.g. RSS capable) , I can produce free Apps for iPhone / Android at no cost to BT that can display these feeds of information. (We have a template that we’ve used to put Apps together quickly for the local Scouts, rugby club, up and coming DJ/pop act.)

– Moderator : If I have fallen foul of the ‘do not plug / spam’ please remove my post.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Is there a timescale for the re-platforming?

Not yet VintageKrug – we’ll keep you updated.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Its coming on for 6 months since the last update from BT regarding “NF”.

Any chance of an update or has the plan be shelved?

Thanks for your comment MartynSinclair – the revamp is still something we’re planning at some point, but we have several projects on the go at the moment, to which we have committed considerable financial and staff resources.

You’ll appreciate that revamping the forum is a costly, and time-consuming process, but we plan to revisit it when resources allow, and will take into consideration all of the comments left here when we do.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 127 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls