SkyLux Travel

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 280 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

I dare not say anything in case the one time Charlies accuse me of being cynical 😉

travelworld2
    Participant

I view cynicism as a positive, SimonS1….certainly as far as this agent is concerned..

tigerland
    Participant

Poking the bear. Should the bear bite back- yeh I will! 1 person gave a bad review due to a bad experience- who mind you didn’t ended up using them so I guess that must make Skylux a scam right? To good to be true! Like I said earlier I used them and had no issues. My itenary was very basic business class melb-shanghai return. Again I was set in the dates I was travelling didn’t need to change anything and all went fine and the prices were great. People are saying it’s no good to them if they can’t change dates etc well that’s what full priced fares are for. These are discounted fares a lot of airline discounted fares don’t allow changes or charges fees to do so. Now are they going to be all things to all people- definitely not but then again how many businesses are? Alyssa for what it’s worth I used a fellow named Silvester and he was great.

DoorsToManual
    Participant

For what it’s worth, I too have used Silvester at Skylux and he’s been nothing but helpful. My flights are booked for travel in December but I would have no qualms in using them again.

isaiah12v2
    Participant

Hi, I’ve just registered so am first time poster – I didn’t know this site existed till I started looking for reviews on Skylux.
    We want to fly to NZ for the birth of our first grandchild. Hubby is 6ft 5ins and 18.5 stones so the idea of 24+ hours in cattle class is horrifying. Sadly we are not wealthy people. Skylux has offered great deals on Singapore Airlines business class, and whilst its still expensive, it is at least within reach. I have read these comments with great interest and still feel as confused as I did when I started researching.
    If only our daughter had married a Brit and not a Kiwi. Good job he’s awesome!!!!!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Congratulations Isaiah. For that length of journey you definitely need Business. Have you looked at the Middle East carriers? There could be some good deals there.

cocochanel
    Participant

Hi everyone, stumbled upon this thread as i’m considering using discounted business airfare online such as Skylux and Alpha Flight Guru. I’m currently planning a trip from AU-UK later this year and full fare on Emirates business class would cost me around $10k. I’ve been given initial quotes fron AFG and i’m also going to speak with Skylux. I would be looking at roughly a 40% savings which would be very nice… if legit!

I read an article about these discounted airfare travel agents who are generally either brokers for excess mileage points or ticket consolidators from airlines – and the former being the higher risk option. Do we know if Skylux/AFG uses one or both methods?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

a lot of people seem to be stumbling on this thread….!

I think it has really run its course….

BigDog.
    Participant

I agree Martyn,
    There are around a dozen first time posters on this thread – a more sophisticated bumping regime than the usual trolls and spammers methinks.

SimonS1
    Participant

Indeed Martyn. Plenty of people who stumble on it but few who bother to help others through a trip report.

malbarda
    Participant

In defense of the first time posters, I have Googled a few different combinations and this thread shows up organically pretty high on the results page:

Term “Skylux airline tickets” – this thread is #7.
    “skylux cheap airfare” – #8
    “skylux cheap business class” – #7
    “skylux travel complaints” – #1
    “skylux travel” – #4

These results will vary day-by-day and country by country due to the almighty Google algorithm, but it goes to show that if you are looking to find out more about Skylux you will stumble pretty easily onto this thread. Also, in my searched all preceding links are either direct organic links to SkyLux, or paid ads from one of their competitors who are clearly bidding on SkyLux (CheapoAir.com showed up numerous times). So if you see this thread listed and the source is not Skylux or a competitor, you are likely to click on it to see what an independent source has to say about them. It is what I would do.

I think we have seen a few people commenting on the booking process and flights taken. For that, this thread is worthwhile as it may bring us more actual experiences with the Skylux service. All are presumed innocent until proven guilty?

While Googling around, I found this article which is very instructive: http://www.smartertravel.com/travel-advice/are-big-discounts-on-business-class-seats-legit.html?id=7053388

isaiah12v2
    Participant

@martynsinclair and @bigdog

My apologies, I didn’t realise this is your personal website. When exactly was the first time you posted and did you get the arrogant, bombastic non-welcome it appears you afford me?

This is the first time in my entire life, and I’m 52, that I’ve EVER had to organise a holiday. Choosing to educate our children privately to optimise their potential left nothing for such unnecessary luxuries. Not that it has ANYTHING to do with either of you but clearly you need details to validate my membership. I will therefore continue.

In December 2012 my daughter married a NZ expat. They relocated back to his home last year. It was devastating for us. Especially as 4 months earlier our house had burnt down whilst we were out, with our four German Shepherds in it. Is this enough detail? Do you require dogs names?
    Our first grandchild is now due in December and we will be flying out for this wonderful event. My husband is 6ft 5ins, 18.5 stones, and cannot bear the thought of 24+ hours shoe-horned into a seat! The cheap fares site in question (woe betide me if I dare to utter the name), came up with a ridiculous deal flying SQ business class. I was after GENUINE help and advice from people who know more than me. Instead I found odious bigots who appear to take pleasure in others’ naivety.
    Well, again, for your undeserved information, I have made the choice to fly via another provider (who shall also remain nameless to prevent further vilification), at double the cost I was offered at the former provider.
    So thank you “gentlemen” for your pathetic non-contribution to my problem. You have been most offensive and unhelpful. I genuinely hope I never encounter your like again.

You should be ashamed!!!

isaiah12v2
    Participant

Thank you Malbara. That is EXACTLY what I was doing!!!

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

Having started this thread I am very grateful for all the comments. Like many other I was looking for business seats for myself and wife ex UK to HKG and as it was for holiday to see our son I thought I would consider Skylux not being able to get reward flights.
    I never actually contacted them and got some reasonable prices on QR as LG points out the ME carriers still do have some of the best fares and service.
    Thanks to all for the input , maybe this thread has left a lot of us with indecision , however i am sure we will all do what we feel is best for our circumstance . Good weekend all.

malbarda
    Participant

If there was ever an award for an epic answer than isaiah12v2 has just secured HER place in the history books of this forum.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 280 total)
This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.
The topic ‘SkyLux Travel’ is closed to new replies.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls