SkyLux Travel

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 280 total)

• AlyssaFaden
    Participant

Not a noob here. They worked for me two years ago and I’ll be using them again later this year for a trip to Bulgaria.

SimonS1
    Participant

Thanks Alyssa. Quite a coincidence that your first post for almost 2 years comes at exactly the same time as our friend Beertogo pops up.

Pleased to see SkyLux are expanding and now appear to have 3 separate serviced office addresses.

Good luck. Maybe someone from Skylux could pop along and tell us how it all works.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I suggest potential clients read my post 8 Feb 2016. Selling or dealing in airmiles to unrelated third parties is FRAUD..

Get caught and you will be denied boarding.

If it has been proven that this firm is trading in such a manner… this thread ought to be locked and kept for reference purposes only.

AlyssaFaden
    Participant

Well it would be, because it created notifications in my gmail, thus I thought I’d pop in to see what was going on. Go to Facebook, look up Alyssa Faden, find the one with the roman for an avatar; that’s me. Review the profile, be amazed at its gekkery and nerdiness, and then come to the conclusion that I am a real person. Go to LinkedIn, look me up, notice how I have a job in the software field that has nothing to do with SkyLux.

Conclude: she’s a regular person who had success with SkyLux and will be contacting them again later this year.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

AlyssaFaden… you clearly have no interest that if you are buying airmiles through unrelated third parties, the tickets are considered as fraud!

SimonS1
    Participant

Alyssa – you may be a real person but you can’t be a serious traveller dealing in that way. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Good luck.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Alyssa, I’m sure you’re a real person and I’m sure you’ve been successfully using SkyLux travel and have saved a few bucks in the process. I also know people have been successfully selling miles by buying tickets for people they do not know and getting away with it. I also know someone who bought from someone via a broker a business class return from JNB – SIN at a considerable discount to the usual fare.

He missed his flight and in trying to arrange a new booking was asked for the name of his friend or relative who had given him the ticket. A name he didn’t have. After a few more questions it was evident what he had done and Singapore Airlines voided the whole ticket making him buy a single back to JNB. The whole exercise cost him much more than a regular C return would have cost and he had no recourse. He was also told the seller of the miles to the broker would forfeit all his miles which apparently were substantial.

So airlines can take action and I wouldn’t want to be in that type of situation.

AlyssaFaden
    Participant

I hear you, I really do. This thread has had some interesting horror stories throughout. I am curious where this will all end up for SkyLux.

AlyssaFaden
    Participant

Well considering the last time I went international was 2 years ago, no? lol. Not a serious traveler. That said, its not like you guys aren’t being heard (seen?) by me. I’m paying attention to everything here.

MrMichael
    Participant

AlyssaFadden, clearly what you do with your money is entirely up to you. What I would say to you is that MartynSinclair, SimonS1 and LuganoPirate have given you some good advice. If any of them gave me advice I would think very carefully before ignoring it. Best of luck with your travels.

Tallinnman
    Participant

Uber and AirBNB are 2 examples of people ‘sharing’ their property for financial gain. Yes Airline T&C’s may say its against their wishes but I’m not sure it’s fraud. What laws are being broken?
    The 2 companies above have broken laws but are held up as shining examples. I wish there were more companies like Skylux.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@Tallinmann, I am no lawyer but you have to be a brave person to buy a ticket that could be voided.

What more do you need to hear other than the airlines (or in this case 2 airlines) confirm that such a ticket is a fraudulent ticket..

SimonS1
    Participant

@Alyssa – good luck then. I’m sure SkyLux will be pleased you have changed your tune since page 4.

@Martyn – you are wasting your breath. There will always be people willing to cut corners to save a few bucks.

If SkyLux was a straight business they would be able to be transparent and explain how their business model works. The previous explanation was very opaque and if tickets could be cancelled by the airline at any time then I wouldn’t touch it with a bargepole.

Uncledude
    Participant

Tallinman.

One of the reason nobody pays Income/earned/gifted tax on Award Miles, is that they are never “Your Property” . They always belong to the Airline who can do anything they seem fit if somebody abuses the T and C.

canucklad
    Participant

This Skylux thread reminds me of Halley’ s Comet and Solar eclipses…..

Just when you’ve forgotten about their existence, they reappear !

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 280 total)
This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.
The topic ‘SkyLux Travel’ is closed to new replies.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls