Ridiculous Cabin Crew request

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)

• jsn55
    Participant

Now THIS is funny, Hermes! Pretty quick FA to come back with a different baby. People must have been rolling with laughter.

On the ice water question, I’m not sure there’s a difference. Easier to order “water with ice” or “water, no ice”. Most of us Yanks can’t imagine drinking a fluid that is not very cold.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Hehehe… Ohhhh, the temptation to draw aspersions about the quality of American wine/beer and the need to freeze one’s taste buds while drinking them… 😉

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Old American automotive joke:

Q: Why is English beer warm?
    A: Because Joe Lucas builds the refrigerators.

(As with all the best ‘nationality’ jokes, there’s a grain of truth in it)

RonBrown
    Participant

Who Joe Lucas???

peterraven
    Participant

Yes, @tiredoldhack – could you explain the joke…?

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Electrical systems in British cars, in the bad old days of British Leyland, were built by Lucas. So, too, were old British bike electrics.

Not for nothing did Joe Lucas acquire the nickname of ‘Prince of Darkness’.

peterraven
    Participant

@tiredoldhack

You’ve got me there… So confused!!! Either you or I must be in dreamland…

Poshgirl58
    Participant

TiredOldHack – being a Midlands girl I know exactly what you’re taking about!

TiredOldHack
    Participant

Poshgirl58 – thank the Lord….

Poshgirl58
    Participant

Tired Old Hack – happy to help!

kevin46
    Participant

Many years ago when working as BA cabin crew, I worked a charter for a QE11(original) crew change to Bombay and back. I can honestly say I have never seen people drink like it. (we even ran out of tea and coffee…a first). However, whilst we were run ragged, they were a great bunch and a pleasure to serve. We had some great chats with the stewards, comparing passengers behaviour. One anecdote I still remember was how they would spend hours setting up the tables for dinner, and people of a certain nationality would sit down, push all the cutlery aside, and proceed to eat with their fork.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Having had Spitfires, MG’s and the like in my youth, I also know exactly what you’re talking about ToH.

Re the tea story told by Speedbird. I recounted this to the Swiss crew on my flight from JNB yesterday. They couldn’t stop laughing and the story spread to the whole crew by the time we landed!

bigbryble
    Participant

My wife and I were flying BA business from JFK to LHR and after dinner the purser asked my wife what she would like for dessert. Not being too interested in the selection and having spied a fruit bowl on the way in asked if she could have a plain orange. “Madam, this is a 747 not a 711 but I will see what I can do!” He thought it was quite funny!! Had his tie been dangling a little lower, I would have attached it to the arm rest!! I did complain about his attitude on this matter and a number of others and was sent an apology and a couple of bottles of wine.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

But Bigbryble, did your wife get the orange?

Speedbird_ABZ
    Participant

Ha! Great that the tea story is still as funny now as it was when it happened! I’ve had 30 years of giggles from it – and it honestly is all true!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls