Ridiculous Cabin Crew request

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

BAfan, Canucklad, ChiantiKid, those stories remind me of a Sabena plane full of thirsty oilmen, flying Riyadh – Brussels, when they announced they’d forgotten to load the alcoholic drinks in Brussels. A riot almost broke out and the requests were none too polite.

To calm everyone down the crew announced they’d start the movie early, and sure enough, it was one of the Airport disaster movies!!!

RonBrown
    Participant

I was on one of the last Concordes JFK/LHR and the pax next to me was having a hissy fit as he wanted to sit in 1B and the crew had put an old lady there so she could get to the loo easily, he was the rudest pax I have ever seen, “Do this” Put that there” “Water NOW” then ignoring them when he was asked anything,. When he went to the loo I said to one of the crew that his problem was he had a tiny dick which amused her and I could hear her telling the others in the galley. I took a great deal of pleasure waking him up every time he went to sleep to go to the loo myself. Fun flight!!

Charles-P
    Participant

On an SAA flight between J’burg and Heathrow I heard a woman ask for the aircraft to “increase speed” as she had a very important meeting in London she did not want to be late for.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I once had the opposite experience to LP’s on a flight from London to Gibraltar. There was a huge number of schoolkids down the back – with the result that by the time the drinks trolley got to us, there were absolutely no soft drinks left, not so much as a single tonic water! So it was wine, neat spirits or nothing!!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I think some on here would not consider that a bad thing Ian. šŸ˜‰

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Speedbird_ABZ – 03/09/2014 09:43 GMT
    10 minutes later – bing bing bing, she was holding the cup up to the crew call button waiting for the tea to come out.

That, Sir is fantastic!

šŸ™‚
    Rgds.
    AOTG.

canucklad
    Participant

The Scotā€™s here might be able to confirm this as fact, Iā€™m sure I read that a flight chartered from a European airline to take Celtic supporters to a far flung outpost, to watch their team, managed to consume the limited amount of alcohol on the aircraft before it reached the channel.

After a whip round and a Vociferous request, the plane had a ā€œRe-fuelā€ stop in Cardiff enabling stocks to be replenished to a more realistic levelā€¦

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Indeed, LP!!

I also seem to recall that one of the Indian airlines (Jet Airways? Kingfisher?) offered a pressing service on its flights, but haven’t been able to find a reference to it anywhere.

DontTurnRight
    Participant

Ian. it was certainly touted, along with a spectacle cleaning service in 2008, but whether they actually introduced it, is anybody’s guess!!

Poshgirl58
    Participant

Overheard from across the aisle, over wing extra legroom seats on ZB flight. Still climbing out of BHX when cabin crew released. Man complained about the engine noise, on his wife’s behalf. Was politely told that it would quieten down shortly. I often wonder if they are like this all the time or just when they enter airport/board aircraft??

1nfrequent
    Participant

I was at a barbecue a few months ago with a lady who used to be cabin crew on Concorde. She told me a story about one passenger who insisted she stir the sugar into his coffee for him and then complained because she stirred it counter-clockwise and made her do it again. Lotta idiots out there …

1F

MrMichael
    Participant

Surely on Concorde they did not expect one to stir ones own coffee? As for stirring it the wrong way, not surprised Concorde no longer flies if that was the way they treated pax.

Sounds like a severe case of OCD!

MrMichael
    Participant

Talking of OCD Alexpo, did you see my post for you about the itaste, for your trip to Jakarta? I guess us smokers are equally OCD.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

A bit of British eccentricity 1F. How I love it.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls