Qatar Airways 5 Star – How ??

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

A birthday experience in T5 F lounge.

A couple of years ago, when i was travelling a lot more frequently through T5, a colleague was joining me on a special birthday for the next trip. I knew the catering managers quite well at the time and i asked whether it would be possible for him to be presented with a cake whilst we waited in the lounge the following week.

Hey presto, nothing was too much trouble, a cake with candles duly appeared on the day, BUT the big problem (airside) was no one had any matches or a lighter to light the candles…. until one was found.

I accept 100% in 2020, this is now a minor issue – but those nice touches, still do (or did) occasionally happen.

2 users thanked author for this post.

esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=992838][/postquote]

My wife and I were flying DXB-LHR in BA First a few years ago. It was my birthday, and my wife informed the CSM, who said they would spoil me rotten. Nothing at all was said/done to recognise the fact for the entire flight!

1 user thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=992838][/postquote]

Indeed it is a lot easier to do on the ground than in the air. Catering being the key function of an airline lounge.

Also I suggest also a subtle difference between a high value flyer using the F lounge and a one off traveller in economy. Most businesses would take care of their highest value customers….

capetonianm
    Participant

SkyHigh : I wasn’t going to wade further into the murky waters of this thread, but your responses to those who dare to express a view opposing yours are inappropriate, bordering on childish and spiteful.

I wonder how you would deal with a REAL crisis in your life.

People started out by trying to be generally helpful, and you have dug yourself into a hole.

May I suggest you do everyone, including yourself, a favour and stop digging?

If it’s really so important to you, I’d be willing to participate in a collection for you and we can all put a few pounds into the pot and organise you a cake and a bouquet of flowers on departure. It would be worth it not to have to read any more of your comments.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

It’s a pity there is no ‘apology’ icon for people to press when perhaps they regret what they had posted.

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=992846][/postquote]

LOL.

🤮

capetonianm
    Participant

FYI it was not me who reported SkyHigh’s posting #992845 as ‘inappropriate’. I believe in open warfare, not clandestine!

openfly
    Participant

I haven’t contributed to this sad thread but now I hope the prospective partner, male or female, reads this thread and realises that they could be making a dreadful mistake! 🤭🙁😀😀

9 users thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=992868][/postquote]

I’m sure Mr AlBaker is quaking in his boots at the thought of SkyHigh’s arrival.

Probably he has the cake department on overtime, all leave cancelled.

4 users thanked author for this post.

K1ngston
    Participant

[postquote quote=992840][/postquote]

Sorry esselle, you mentioned it they said they would pamper and they didn’t is that what you are saying?? Not sure whether to laugh out loud of not I bet you waited in anticipation for the whole flight without reward??

K1ngston
    Participant

[postquote quote=992846][/postquote]

May I suggest you take a deep breath and relax, surely its not worth getting all riled up about this, and if you could remove yourself from the red mist that has clearly descended you will see that our forum friends are winding you up, and I have to say with good cause. There have been some great suggestions made to you over the course of the thread, please use some or none to address the upcoming flight. There is no sense in getting so upset before the big day, so deep deep breath!

We all hope you have a great day and that wherever QR are taking you on your honeymoon you have a great time …….

3 users thanked author for this post.

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

Seriously, what a pathetic subject to publish let alone enquire about with the carrier.

esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=992882][/postquote]

Not a big deal really; BA promised and then didn’t deliver. I just rolled my eyes out loud and carried on regardless!

Bullfrog
    Participant

Why don’t you take a cake on board yourself ?

esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=992900][/postquote]

I sent Cruz 73 emails but he didn’t reply……..

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls