Qatar Airways 5 Star – How ??

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)

• capetonianm
    Participant

This seems a little petty. Not wishing to detract from SkyHigh’s happiness and joy of the special occasion, but airlines see people daily who are on honeymoon, special birthday, celebrating a divorce, new job, trip of a lifetime … etc. A note in the booking under ‘special requests’ is all that is required, this can be done by the booking agent.

Some of the criticism and mockery levelled at SkyHigh is unnecessary. We all have different ways of doing things.

The best way to then deal with this is a discreet word with the cabin manager on boarding. It may produce nothing more than handshakes and good wishes, it may produce a bottle of bubbly, but it is unreasonable to expect more.

If you’re not happy with the way QR have dealt with this, use another carrier. I doubt that the outcome will be any different. I have no axe to grind for or against QR (it’s not an airline I’ve ever used or ever will), I’m neutral.

Woodpecker
    Participant

I do not feel that SkyHigh’s request is unreasonable. And it is a request, not a demand. I admire his perseverance and it seems only natural to make an attempt for a special occasion.

What is unreasonable is QR’s response, or lack of it. They have every right to deny it, and I have no grouse on that count. But to fend off a customer – whatever the issue – by ignoring emails & hoping he would give up is unfortunate.

It would be far better if a responsible person from QR contacted the OP and explained their inability to accede to the request.

Service should not be restricted to just superior hard products or good service in the air, but the ability to understand a consumer & deal with an issue in a professional manner.

iflypremium
    Participant

Ah Mr Bond – please provide evidence of me “pestering”anyone. You have no idea what you are talking about.That is quite a big statement to make from you. Or perhaps you are a troll looking for attention ?
    I am proudly flying Economy and do not want an upgrade. I never have.
    I only have 1 honeymoon so everything needs to be perfect now not later. Please don’t troll me.

sailandfly – naughty as you are at least you are not rude,a quality that others would do well to learn.

flyingkiwi – It was a service they have stopped but thanks for reminding me to not be a Groomzilla !

Inquisitive
    Participant

I am not sure in which world people are living hoping all emails will be answered.

In my work, I get scored of emails people asking for something including job. If I have to reply all these mails, I have to stop my actual work.

For this case there are lot of good advised provided that OP can follow: just enjoy the journey if in business class, if in economy, only hope is a good cabin crew may offer something special if highlighted at the time of boarding.

Many people do not understand the logistics and supply chain in the business process. Anything non-standard would cause substantial disruption in the system.

Ah,Mr.Bond
    Participant

….. You started a topic “Qatar’s 5 Stars” on 15 May 2019.

SimonS1
    Participant

Congratulations etc but honest answer, get over yourself and move on.

Firstly airlines have thousands of people every week who have honeymoons, 40th birthdays, 30th wedding anniversaries etc etc. Maybe in the 1970s when there were fewer travellers and security was not an issue this would have been possible but these days it is logistically difficult unless you are in First Class and paying a fortune.

Secondly the guy on the end of the call has no discretion, his only objective is to get you off the line asap so he can assist people who have more serious issues.

Third in case you weren’t aware airlines have some pressing challenges, like the sanctions against Qatar and Covid 19. Staff are being forced to take unpaid leave and fearing for their jobs. So your cake is not top of the priority list.

Sorry to say that if you got the impression that the telephone agent wasn’t interested you are probably right. I wouldn’t waste time contacting AlBaker, if he has any sense he would just bin it.

1 user thanked author for this post.

iflypremium
    Participant

I genuinely cannot believe some of the rubbish I am reading here.

From being mocked to being told my emails are/ honeymoon is not important. And these are Business Travellers. Possibly Decision makers and Financial Analysts.

Emirates and Turkish do celebration cakes,the latter for free.

I will no doubt have an amazing wedding and honeymoon. I have spent 6 hours on the phone today organising many things.

You would honestly think I have asked for a free ticket / upgrade etc etc. I could not care less if my entire flight has honeymoon couples. It is MY happiness that I am concerned about.

I think that the passion of flying has died in some people.

*****Edited by Business Traveller*****

Switzerlanding
    Participant

Misery? Isn’t the post regarding a lack of cakes???

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=992807][/postquote]

I, I, I, me, my, I etc.

Honestly I don’t think it’s other posters who are missing things here.

Good luck, but to be considering a complaint makes this an early runner for thread of the year.

6 users thanked author for this post.

esselle
    Participant

Good grief!

Drink champagne in the lounge, and on the flight, and ask the hotel to have a cake/flowers/more champagne etc waiting for you in your room on arrival…

Hotels do this kind of thing regularly and well.

Expecting an airline to do it is just potty.

FrDougal
    Participant

Oh dear goodness where to start?

Your expectations are on another planet mate. Accept it for what it is and enjoy your flight and honeymoon. If you get this wound up (you even mentioned “misery”) over something so so SOOOOOO minor I’d be having words in your fiancés ear to run a mile while she still can!

PP Flyer
    Participant

SkyHigh. You seem to just be an attention seeker. Go and enjoy your honeymoon, but don’t waste any more time on this thread, unless you have something productive to say!

2 users thanked author for this post.

Ah,Mr.Bond
    Participant

…..Please, everyone now stop giving this lunatic the attention he is craving. All this over asking for free cake and flowers that the airline doesn’t provide. Jesus wept. Clearly a deliberate, self centred post, during very turbulent times that’s designed to spark a reaction.

2 users thanked author for this post.

K1ngston
    Participant

[postquote quote=992823][/postquote]

Let me add some semblance to the conversation. Sky-high when my husband (or soon to be) and I were flying to London to get married ( Gay marriage not recognised in Singapore) on QR we were sitting in Economy minding our business when the staff gathered with cakes, champagne and wished us all congratulations for our forthcoming wedding, it was spontaneous and so appreciated that a) that a ME airline would recognise the fact that my husband and I were on our way to get married and secondly they would do something in the Economy cabin in front of everyone, on this occasion I believe I may have let slip to the lovely CSD on the flight the reason for the flight as we boarded in Singapore

SO… my suggestion do just that, the picture I have is too big to add to this forum but if we can work out a way to communicate off line I will show you the pictures.. Dont get bent out of shape sometimes the best things happen when with a smile and comment wonderful things happen on flights

Of all the airlines QR is definitely up there!!

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=992823][/postquote]

Seriously…..remove head from arse, get a life and move on.

Then open the paper tomorrow and you will see that in travel these days airlines have bigger issues than pandering to someone with unrealistic expectations.

Did Mr AlBaker respond to his Gmail by the way?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls