Qatar Airways 5 Star – How ??

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)

• iflypremium
    Participant

I have just made my first ever phonecall to Qatar Airways. I am flying to Asia soon and then flying to Doha for my honeymoon (as the wife gets a visa on arrival).

After 6 minutes of waiting,I got a guy who did not share any enthusiasm that I am getting married and then flying Qatar Airways for my honeymoon.

The final nail after months of failed digital contact attempts, was being told today that this 5 star airline no longer provide cakes/flowers as a honeymoon surprise.

Really Really dissappointed with Qatar Airways so far. From the impossible email contact to London QR management (apparently a firewall on UK emails) to staff who could not care less why I am travelling.

2 months of this now including ignored emails from the tellus address. Tell you what ??

Really not what one would expect of a 5 star airline.

Maybe I should pretend I am Alex Macheras ? Perhaps then I will get listened to. I wish I had the details of Mr Al Baker or his PA right now.

Not happy at all.

sailandfly
    Participant

Hi SkyHigh,

I enjoyed reading your post that much that I think I’ll risk from being banned for posting here ever again.

Maybe you can try to use this email address: [email protected]? God knows, he might use that account?

BTW, I think your handle fits your writing in this post so well 😉

Apologies to all reading this, I know this is a business forum not a kindergarten.

No hard feelings, pls.

Happy (sky)flying 2 all!

iflypremium
    Participant

Hi sailandfly,

I feel your entire reply is an early April Fool’s !
    Unless you have personally contacted His Excellency on the given email address ?

In which case my gratitude knows no bounds.

Nice joke though if it is one.

sailandfly
    Participant

Hi SkyHigh,

I was joking a bit, glad you find my light-hearted joke funny.

SkyFive to you!

iflypremium
    Participant

Was the email address real ?

sailandfly
    Participant

SkyHigh,

I made it up, I didn’t try it.
    Yet.
    Never got so upset with Qatar to feel like writing to CEO. In fact, never got upset at all when flying them, I have only positive experience.

Sorry for confusion I made.

Rgds

flier74
    Participant

Hi SkyHigh, I am sorry to hear that Qatar Airways are falling short of your expectations. Not sure where you get those expectations from but I never heard of any Airline offering flowers and/or cake or anything else special for honeymoon couples. A “congratulations” with maybe a card would suffice for me but I wouldn’t expect any Airline to go out of their way to offer such gestures. Especially on certain destinations which are prone with honeymoon couples.
    I have travelled Qatar Airways on a number of occasions and have to say their service in (Premium Cabins) is very good and I never had a flight where I was disappointed.
    I hope you and your then wife will enjoy your flights nevertheless and have a great Honeymoon

iflypremium
    Participant

flier74 – cakes are available on other carriers.

sailandfly – not so funny. Please refrain from making a fool of others misery.

iflypremium
    Participant

flier74 – Emirates and Turkish do the cakes. Qatar have stopped.

Inquisitive
    Participant

Qatar airways 5 star , how?
    Because of following:
    1. One of the best hard product in business class
    2. One of the best service onboard
    3. Reasonable ground service
    4. Most modern aircraft
    5. Excellent Onboard food and drinks,
    6. Maintain good schedule
    7. Good safety record
    8. Due to point 1, 2 and 5, no need to do additional greetings or cake.

I will travel Qatar airlines with any opportunity.

I get lot of free cakes from some of my credit cards, local banks, insurance company etc. Do I mind some other don’t offer that? Nope. So I consider other credit cards or bank not good? Nope – they are still 5 star for me and provide me good service.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Ah,Mr.Bond
    Participant

Seriously??? You’re that angry you want to write to the boss…. because you aren’t getting a free surprise cake?? Join the queue of all other honeymooners calling in hoping for a free upgrade. The QR callcentre team will be overwhelmed at tbe moment, as are all airlines. They don’t need queries for free cake and flowers clogging the lines.
    Have you even been watching the news? You should be lucky your flight is operating in the first place.

1 user thanked author for this post.

iflypremium
    Participant

Someone has reported ME as being inappropriate for replying to a troll. I am not even going to get annoyed at that.

The CoronaVirus/Flight cutbacks and Financial impacts will all die down at some point.

But I will only have 1 honeymoon and refuse to be made to feel guilty for wanting to make it special for my wife.

Trolling is not a nice thing and it seems that Ms Flack’s sad case has had no impact on certain individuals.

In closing,I have been trying for 2 months via email,letter (in 2020) and phone to get Qatar Airways to show some care. As I say only 1 honeymoon so no second chance to make a first impression. It is after 2 months of headache that I wish to escalate to The Chief. Which is reasonable.

I would appreciate civil adult responses please. If you cannot be nice then don’t come on here creating negative vibes.

#bekind

Flying Kiwi
    Participant

I think it’s ridiculous that you should expect a cake from QR. I would just accept it and try to enjoy your trip, don’t let something like that ruin your honeymoon

sailandfly
    Participant

Hi SkyHigh

My sincere apologies for a joke wirh a fake email you indirectly asked for.

Please do not leave this forum, read and post everything you want. But be aware that this is a public forum amd opinios differ for various reasons and we all can comment.

I read this forum often and I learned a lot not only about aviation but abt different societies forum contributors come from.

You did not offend anyone or been unkind and again, pls,if you can, accept my apology for teasing you.

Rgds 2 all

Ah,Mr.Bond
    Participant

I see you were pestering Gary Kershaw QR GM last May, probably when you made the booking. Seriously, if you’ve booked business class the Mrs will be well impressed with the QR service and with you for booking the best business class. If in economy, sorry, this will only end up in the “upgrade blaggers” recycling bin, and there is no point chasing a service they don’t provide with senior management, especially at the moment with what’s going on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls