Problems with BT Forum website

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=962390]Tom – what is the matter with the Forum website? At times it goes extremely slow – one letter every few seconds slow) and one cannot tick the I’m not a robot box for minutes at a time?[/quote]

Coincidentally, I just had the same problem. Rebooted and now it works fine.
    Having just said that, the text is lagging a bit behind the keystrokes??

LuganoPirate
    Participant

As a PS. It seems to only happen with Chrome. Not Firefox where it’s fine.

Ahmad
    Participant

[quote quote=962593]

Tom – what is the matter with the Forum website? At times it goes extremely slow – one letter every few seconds slow) and one cannot tick the I’m not a robot box for minutes at a time?

Coincidentally, I just had the same problem. Rebooted and now it works fine.

Having just said that, the text is lagging a bit behind the keystrokes??[/quote]

I have also had that problem on more than one occasion on iPhone and iPad

Ahmad
    Participant

Only managed last post after several tries. Bye…

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Bye. (Hopefully only until we have found a fix). They are looking for one now…

nevereconomy
    Participant

all of the above. also Norton giving me warning that the site not safe….

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=962589]If you have time could you tell me what device you are using, and if a computer, which browser and which version of it?[/quote]

I’m using a Microsoft Surface Laptop with its inbuilt edge internet explorer .

Cedric_Statherby
    Participant

Dell laptop with Chrome
    Samsung phone with inbuilt internet engine.

It is REALLY slow right now.

paulkaz
    Participant

My problem is the page reloads every minutre.ipad

capetonianm
    Participant

I am posting something here just to see whether it works properly. So far so good.

I’m using Firefox on an Android phone on a 4G connection in Ireland using a UK sim card.

Just as a space filler I see that a large number of British Airways aircraft were inbound earlier this morning to Heathrow mostly from North America, and a lot of European flights in the air but I understand that they still have about 700 aircraft out of position.

I’m hoping to be able to go to the BT dinner on 1st of October but have dental surgery the day before so I’m not sure whether I’ll be in position to either talk or eat so I need to think that one through.

If this posting appears without a PS it’s because it updated successfully and at the normal speed. If I have any problem with posting it I’ll add a PS to say so.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

The website is now crashing for many people.

I thought we had put these days behind us!

Apologies.

Tom

Gold-2K
    Participant

The constant page reload issue with iPhones / iPads has been around for a while and according to the various apple communities seems to be a problem with lack of memory, which affects older devices more. Also seems more of a problem when using safari, widely considered to be a load of rubbish! Search on the Apple community and there’s a load of advice on how to address it. Of course there are several comments that say the problem can be worse if there is an issue with the website you are trying to access.

I’ve seen the issue a couple of times on my iPhone but never when using my MacBookPro.

1 user thanked author for this post.

ASK1945
    Participant

I have just had my first issue with the website.

My main computer hard disk has failed and may not be repairable. So I have swapped to my MS Surface Pro laptop and am using Chrome as the default browser. Twice I was able to link with BT for a moment, until it crashed and attempted to an unknown website – unsuccessfully I am pleased to report.

It went through on a third attempt, following which Norton reported to me that my laptop had been attacked but they had successfully neutralised and blocked the threat.

So, it may be that the Forum is under attack. However, I am kicking myself because I forgot to switch back on my VPN, which I had taken down whilst I used an account I have within a company that only recognises my own IP address.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

I am using Chrome browser on a humble and inexpeensive HP laptop.

My only problem is that I find the Forum page is slower to load than News.

mkcol74
    Participant

[quote quote=962632]I am posting something here just to see whether it works properly. So far so good.

I’m using Firefox on an Android phone on a 4G connection in Ireland using a UK sim card.

Just as a space filler I see that a large number of British Airways aircraft were inbound earlier this morning to Heathrow mostly from North America, and a lot of European flights in the air but I understand that they still have about 700 aircraft out of position.

I’m hoping to be able to go to the BT dinner on 1st of October but have dental surgery the day before so I’m not sure whether I’ll be in position to either talk or eat so I need to think that one through.

If this posting appears without a PS it’s because it updated successfully and at the normal speed. If I have any problem with posting it I’ll add a PS to say so.[/quote]

@capetonianm
    700?! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls