Priority club platinum, worthless???

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

Priority club platinum, worthless???

Yep

MarcusGB
    Participant

This has much improved Worldwide.
    Platinum members have the right to lounge access now, and Upgrades are allocated at the time of booking, as the hotel has a note sent electronically or told to Upgrade when they see your booking on check in.

I have been a member for over 5 years, also a shareholder, and never failed to be upgraded worldwide. I develop good relationships with my regular hotels, and this also has positive outcomes. Many Miles promotions in Asia and outside of Europe, and expansion of The Group of The Pullman Brand.
    Accor have also purchased some of The Raffles group, and Fairmont, and are one of the fastest growing and largest in The world.

I find them excellent, and rarely stay at anything other than one of their 20 Brands.

canucklad
    Participant

A huge thanks to Pat Jordan for his post about HH’s status match……

First opportunity to use my Diamond Status when I checked into the Doubletree at Manchester Piccadilly ……

First Impressions…….
    Happy smiley face from a receptionist I’ve not met before. At IAG properties this only happens at Newcastle HIEX where they know me….

My status is recognised at check-in, embarrassingly as it happens. As I find myself apologizing to the adjacent queue looking on in envy!!
    Room upgraded to exec suite. I can remember the Crowne Plaza doing that a couple of years ago. In other words it happens so infrequently it’s memorable!!
    Yum, Yum a free cookie, handed to me at reception …..
    Brilliantly, because they don’t have a lounge at this establishment I’m handed 4 drink vouchers, presumably, 1 for each day I’m here. At IHG I’m offered a drink voucher or 200 points.
    Chocolate and Wine welcoming me to my room…
    Free soft drinks and crisps in my upgraded room, refilled every day!!

In summary, IHG is in real danger of losing me to Hilton.

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls