New Forum for Business Traveller

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 338 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

Tom, one thing would improve it for me.

The text colour on the screen for creating new posts is very light grey and can be difficult to view on some screen, espcially as it is quite a small font size. Could you make it a little darker grey? This would increase the usability for me.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Yes, I agree – it is particularly difficult on a laptop as well – I will see about this.
    Thanks
    Tom

mkcol74
    Participant

@TomOtley I’m using Google Chrome on a Chromebook

MartynSinclair
    Participant

For my Toshiba and Blackberry the gremlins appear to be going. The constant need to log in has been solved, there is now no need to continually scroll down. Going to a thread, just hit the last page number and you now go to that page, hit “skip to last post” and that is where you are taken.

All in all it is beginning to get very user friendly. The only missing function that has not yet worked, is the “notify me of follow-up replies via email” – but I am sure this will come on line soon..

The one regular who has not been posting recently (unless I have missed his posts) is Bath_VIP. I recall (and apologies if I am wrong) he is visually impaired and I am wondering if there are any issues that are causing problems for him on the new Forum..

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

It’s strange that you aren’t getting the emails. Assuming the obvious “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” is ticked, and it’s not arriving at the email address you are registered under, and it’s not in the Junk folder, it’s a strange one.

Might I ask if others are receiving the emails (if you are signed up for them).
    thank you
    Tom

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@Tom, the last email I received was dated 4th July 2016.

mkcol74
    Participant

Yep I’m getting the “follow-up replies” email notification.

JohnHarper
    Participant

Tom, would it be possible to have the font in the reply to box in the forum somewhat larger – the old eyes aren’t what they used to be and I find it very difficult to read what I’ve written. When if comes up in the larger type of the forum I keep finding mistakes which I don’t like!

Thanks,

John.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I’ll look into it. We made the font bolder to make it easier to read but it still is difficult.

peter19
    Participant

Tom,

I started a new topic last night, ticked the box to notify me and it did not. I then went in and hit ‘subscribe’ in the topic and TBC if i get the email.

cheers,

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve now been logged in on my Samsung Tab S2 for three days without a problem.

Tom, could you not add a “next topic” button to save opening multiple windows or having to go back to “forum” then opening then next thread?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Yes, we could look at that.
    thanks
    Tom

peter19
    Participant

[quote quote=721073]Tom,

I started a new topic last night, ticked the box to notify me and it did not. I then went in and hit ‘subscribe’ in the topic and TBC if i get the email.

cheers,

[/quote]
    I couldn’t edit my original post so I’m quoting myself but can confirm that i am receiving emails from the forum after subscribing to a different topic but not from the notify me option on the one i created.
    cheers

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@Tom – emails now sorted.. problem my end…

TS-Andy
    Participant

I have forgotten how to post a new topic. Could some one tell me how? Thank you

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 338 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls